HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum to get advice on turning a HK MR762 into as close as I can get it to the M110 CSASS the military is going to be receiving. First: is the suppressor shown on the models below commercially available? Second: questions about colors. I'm trying to figure out the color scheme of the HK M110 CSASS rifles I've seen so I can properly communicate to my Cerakote applicator. They appear to have more than simply RAL8000 color, but not sure precisely what's going. Here are several pics I've found. The last image from SHOT show shows what appears to be a complete RAL800 color treatment on the upper and lower.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any thoughts on the variety of colors on the RAL8000 models and how to advise my Cerakote applicator? It appears that at least one of the examples below has the entire upper and lower receiver treated with RAL8000 Cerakote, while the rail appears to be a different color, others have the upper in RAL8000 and the lower in another color. Obviously, the HK pistol grip and G28 butt stock system are RAL8000. Then there is the optic, RAL8000. Probably nothing has been standardized as of now, but ... just wondering what's what. There is one example below where the entire weapon has been treated in RAL8000. My MR762 is all black at this point, and I am replacing the stock with the RAL8000 G28 stock system, etc. and various other parts with the HK RAL8000 colored parts. Anyone else go through this with their MR762? Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
You do realize that the final configuration is not yet decided. In addition, Geissele is making the trigger and the rail. At least the rail is not available to civilians.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm simply asking for opinions and observations on choosing how and where to use RAL8000 on my MR762 as I configure it as closely to the M110 CSASS models we have seen so far, one of which, above features the HK rail system, and another the Geissele rail, and another a rail I don't recognize. I will not be changing the rail system on my MR762, but will be having the rail it came with Cerakoted in RAL8000.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
I think what he's saying is that along with the components, the paint scheme may change as well so anyones guess will only be as good as whatever you choose.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I think what he's saying is that along with the components, the paint scheme may change as well so anyones guess will only be as good as whatever you choose.
Excactly, thank you fatman27; the entire thing is up for tweaks and changes. Until the final version is approved and the manufacturing starts its ALL subject to change.

With that in mind, you could do any of the above color schemes and call it CSASS.

If you use the search function you will see that typically it is believed that the colors are RAL8000 and Burnt Bronze. I have a G28 Patrol V2 hand guard and the anodizing mostly resembles Burnt Bronze. So try the RAL8000 on the upper receiver and burnt bronze on the lower. But that is a G28.

So ask yourself; do you think it's going to resemble the G28 with Geissele Rail or will the USA dare to be TOTALLY different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That bottom one (with the G-Rail) seems to be tossed together given the fact that they seemed to just blast the receivers in Ral8000 Cerakote. I say this because I note no markings on the lower.

Let's use your myriad of pictures (where almost each gun has a different color scheme) and try to decipher a few things.

On the G28 (second pic down) you technically only have to coat 2 or 3 parts. The upper is Ral8000, the anodized lower can be faked by using burnt bronze, and the charging handle is burnt bronze. Everything else on that gun is/can-be bought in their respective colors by visiting germangunworks.com

in the CSASS (first pic, 4th pic) the lower is the same color but the lighting and angles make it look different. Again, burnt bronze. as for the upper.. I would just roll the dice and go with patriot brown. And, for the rail you may have to mix burnt brown with a yellow to bring up the tone.

The G28 is a much easier color combo to figure out as you can see.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or, I may have my Cerakote guy just do the upper, lower and rail in RAL8000 and call it a day, but thanks for the "burnt bronze" option too. I've got parts incoming from Gunworks in Germany: stock, pistol grip, etc. Have an RAL8000 color scope already. I appreciate the input, observations and advice.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It's incredible how different lighting makes these colors look entirely diffetent

And IIRC the top pic is the CSASS from 2016 Shot and the 4th was this years version as it has the new suppressor version.

Can any corroborate this?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Or, I may have my Cerakote guy just do the upper, lower and rail in RAL8000 and call it a day, but thanks for the "burnt bronze" option too. I've got parts incoming from Gunworks in Germany: stock, pistol grip, etc. Have an RAL8000 color scope already. I appreciate the input, observations and advice.
one thing that sucks is that the engraving are so shallow that you cant fill them in once coated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am also on the quest to replicate the CSASS rifle.. but in reality majority of the parts will not be available for civilian market. So you could just piece together what they currently offer to us civies

here is links to the silencer but remember your thread pitch on the MR762 is M15x1 RH
OSS BPR 1425 / SRM-6 7.62 TITANIUM GEN 4

hell if you want to sell your rifle and get the silencer for dirt cheap this is the combo from HK that is no longer offered anymore
If I never bought my MR762 this is what I would have bought in the later.
HK MR762SD

Good luck trying to get a OSS flush mount silencer. I have the original Gen4's it was such a pain in the a** to get in my hands and "warrantied." Both silencers in 762/556 had alignment issues. But overall the best cans I have in my collection once they got it fixed.

CSASS Optic is schmidt and bender with a geissele mount in 34mm

NO full ambi controls just whatever we get offered standard in the MR762.

As for the trigger, stock type and rail its up in the air for final adaptation.(Yes we know they are gonna use Geissele for the rail, but there is no final rail)

For right now my set up is:
Geissele Trigger, G28 stock kit from hkparts (only player in town), Round trigger guard hkparts also. Nightforce's new ATACR 7-35 x 56 F1 MIL-R. My barrel is being cut down by Jayson @ IGF to 16in and 5/8x24 threading for more options on muzzle devices should I shoot without a silencer. And my final task is looking for a machinist to take on the task do doing lightening cuts on my HKey rail as you have in your pictures.

Cerakote just find a applicator you trust there are many out in the states but I will tell you this for not everyone is willing to take a $4k rifle due to the fact it says HK on it. I have asked "top applicators" and was turned away. So I decided just to leave it black.

I wish you luck and keep us all updated on the build, once my upper comes back from Jayson I will be done harassing my MR762.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am also on the quest to replicate the CSASS rifle..
Great post, thanks. I have a SB optic in RAL8000 ready to install.

I used the German Gun Works post on their custom build as a guide for parts. It appears to me that the parts are considerably less expensive from them, but of course, you do have to go through all the hassle of doing a wire transfer then waiting weeks for German customs. I compared prices between them and HKParts and it sure seems they are a LOT less. For instance, the full stock kit is $275 from German GunWorks, but $594!!, from HKParts. Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for your suggestions! It's going to be fun putting this all together. My Cerakote guy is tops and has done other work for me. He is looking into the barrel nut wrench he needs for the MR762. And thanks for the details on the suppressor mount, etc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How can you replicate the CSASS rifle when we haven't seen the final product yet? It has gone through 3 changes already...

Just make your own version based on what works for you.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Great post, thanks. I have a SB optic in RAL8000 ready to install.

I used the German Gun Works post on their custom build as a guide for parts. It appears to me that the parts are considerably less expensive from them, but of course, you do have to go through all the hassle of doing a wire transfer then waiting weeks for German customs. I compared prices between them and HKParts and it sure seems they are a LOT less. For instance, the full stock kit is $275 from German GunWorks, but $594!!, from HKParts. Maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks for your suggestions! It's going to be fun putting this all together. My Cerakote guy is tops and has done other work for me. He is looking into the barrel nut wrench he needs for the MR762. And thanks for the details on the suppressor mount, etc.
You may want to talk to TSC machine. If you check their facebook page you will see pictures of a G28 clone they made for someone. Mike has the tools to work on the guns and could refinish it for you. No clue what he charges for it but I had him upgrade an ar-10 for me as I'm local to him and he was very reasonable I thought on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts