HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all love quality equipment or we wouldnt be proud owners of multiple Hks (most of us)

Im looking for a quality suppressor for my 9mm USP

Advice please...

·
Registered
61 Posts
SWR trident is the top dog with the quietest bark right now

my trident runs great on my 9mmSD sig 226 Tac or my GL19

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello,

www.silencerresearch.com shows that the 1.375" diameter suppressors are a bit quieter than the 1.25" cans. HTG Silencers and SWR both have the 1.375 offerings. I've got an HTG Cycle 9 on the way for my USP9SD. Given the tall sights, the additional diameter shouldn't be much of a problem. If you haven't dealt with silencers yet, they are a blast, but backstop and target material matter...the closer and the harder, the louder everything will be. By the way, silencerresearch.com also has some videos of the USP firing with cans on.

Best regards,

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's why this forum is great. I was looking for this info recently and was about to post a thread asking the same question. Voila! Here is the info I've been looking for. Knowledgeable forum members, quality content.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, Great forum and great info.. I will do some reading..

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello,

www.silencerresearch.com shows that the 1.375" diameter suppressors are a bit quieter than the 1.25" cans. HTG Silencers and SWR both have the 1.375 offerings. I've got an HTG Cycle 9 on the way for my USP9SD. Given the tall sights, the additional diameter shouldn't be much of a problem. If you haven't dealt with silencers yet, they are a blast, but backstop and target material matter...the closer and the harder, the louder everything will be. By the way, silencerresearch.com also has some videos of the USP firing with cans on.

Best regards,
+1

Great website, thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I researched the "what silencer should I get" for several months. I read every forum and asked people who owned different cans, why they bought what they bought. The silencer forums can be a bit biased due to the fact that some of the moderators work for specific suppresor companies or have their own personal agendas. I picked the SWR Trident 9 can because of their customer service, reliability and the fact that they are modular (you can use it on different platforms...sort of a one can fits all 9mm applications). I am very pleased with the Trident and would have no hesitation buying another SWR can. Good luck

·
Registered
269 Posts
It's a good site but the owner is kind of a nutbar. His testing method is ok, but some people still argue over it. His forum manner outside of his site is atrocious. Take his numbers for what they are, but I don't even bother to read his conclusions.
agreed.....i still take everything with a grain of salt. btw, he's
employed by one of the Class 2s he pushes. so just keep that
in mind. read the collective wisdom and make up your own mind.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ahhh...

Robert Silvers is www.silencertests.com Robert, as I recall on his site, does say that he works for AAC.

John Titsworth is www.silencerresearch.com John runs a newer site and I'm not aware of any affiliations that he has. John's data appears to be empirical and well documented.

The tenor on the forums appears to be substantially different as well. John's forums are pretty well populated with manufactures and is pretty civil. This is the internet, but here's hoping it continues this way.

Best regards,

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,987 Posts
Let's try to steer this back to an HK discussion...

Suffice to say that the performance of cans is an experience that can be affected by a myriad of variables, not the least of which is perception and opinion-based perception. The only true test that's worth anything is how a given can performs on your weapon with your ammo choice for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts