HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GemTech G5 and an Outback II suppressor. I thinking of picking up a Umarex HK416. I checked GemTech's website and I can either get the adapter to use the Outback II or I can get the adapter that will allow me to install a standard GemTech Bi-Lock flashhider to use the G5. I am leaning toward the later option because with keep a more normal appearance.

I was wondering if anyone has use either of these model with this rifle and what their experiences have been.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I used the regular Outback with the adapter and it makes it a neighborhood friendly rifle!
No problems with functioning.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's not recommended to shoot large quantities of .22lr through a sealed can because of .22 rounds being so dirty. The scenario brought up is that after a session on shooting .22lr and then switching to a 5.56, particles left behind from the .22 round could become dislodged and interfere with the 5.56 bullets path through the can and cause a baffle strike. If you're worried about looks, the Gemtech G5-22 is a great performer, use it on a coulple of .22 ARs and a 10/22 and soon on my sbr'd U/W MP5 22, practically no first round pop.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I use an Outback with adaptor and it also works great. In the Gemtech catalog they have a G5-22 .22 can that looks like full size but cheaper and lighter made just for all the .22 little bothers coming out. Food for thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts