HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the right suppressors for my situation, looking for advise. Going to need 2 suppressors one in 9mm and the other .223. Money is tight (cops don't make a mint), but would like something good. Have looked at YHM and Gemtech so far. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

I have a 10" .223 AR SBR. To be honest it sounds like a cannon when it fires, want to tame it way down.

I will be getting my MP5 SBR clone back from Chopstix in a week or so. It has the navy barrel (3-lug & threaded).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Check out AAC , they have an evo 9mm that was on sale at bullseye indoor range for like 350, not sure uf it will fit your mp5 though

·
Registered
765 Posts
Different suppressors have different features/specs. Other than the 3-lug mount, what specifically do you want? Which features are you most concerned about: noise reduction? weight? length? price?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I would recommend. The AAC m4 2000 for 223.

·
Registered
140 Posts
For your AR-15 SBR, the AAC Ranger 3 is hard to beat for pricepoint versus performance. All Inconel core now, pretty compact without being extreme, and pretty cheap at $599 MSRP.

For a 9mm SBR, the SWR Octane 9 HD is hard to beat. With the flexible mount options, you can add an LCD for pistol use, tri-lug if you want, fixed mount for 300 whiper/blackout, or Uzi adaptor ...... At $699 MSRP with all the flexibility, it's hard to beat.

I've got the predecessor, Trident-9 with my Mini-Uzi and I'm looking for the 300 AAC Blackout mount now. If I add an MP-5, I'll use there too. This is one very flexible suppressor.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a 5.56 suppressor. A 7.62 could do double duty. I don't own a .308 gun. I bought an AAC M47-2000 can. Same specs as the M4-2000 but can be used with 7.62X39. Since 7.62X39 and 7.62X51 would use similar weighted bullets going subsonic, I could use it with .308 subsonic if I so desired. The boys at AAC said that the M47-2000 used with a 5.56X45 would be within a db or two. I've got a couple of 11.5" guns and the can really takes the edge off the sound. Using EBR 7.62X39 subsonic, an 11.5" 7.62X39 sounds as loud as 147gr 9mm through my 9mm Raptor can.

As far as a 3-lug can, I'd highly recommend a Raptor 40. It can be used with 10mm AUTO, .40 S&W, and 9mm 3-lug guns. The can is 10mm full auto rated, so it is tough. Add a 9mm MK9K "piston and you can shoot it on a 9mm 3-lug barrel. Dr Dater told me that the Raptor 40 would be within a DB or two on a 9mm as compared to a 9mm Raptor on a 9mm host. Gemtech will most likely be having the "Gem-Tax" sale again this year (Gem Tech will pay a Form 4 transfer tax). Using it on three different caliber 3-lug hosts makes the Raptor 40 very versatile. Eventually you'll end up with a .40 S&W and maybe a 10mm, so why not buy one can for all three caliber 3-lugs right off the bat. I have a thread here about how the Raptor 40 can be used with 9mm if you are interested. If you can't afford both, I'd highly recommend purchasing a top quality can than two mediocre ones. Since there is no real value in a used can, (I bought a used .40 caliber MK9K for $350) if you buy a mediocre can and aren't happy with it, you'll have to practically give it away to sell it. Good luck with your can purchases.

Scott

·
Registered
111 Posts
For your AR-15 SBR, the AAC Ranger 3 is hard to beat for pricepoint versus performance. All Inconel core now, pretty compact without being extreme, and pretty cheap at $599 MSRP.

For a 9mm SBR, the SWR Octane 9 HD is hard to beat. With the flexible mount options, you can add an LCD for pistol use, tri-lug if you want, fixed mount for 300 whiper/blackout, or Uzi adaptor ...... At $699 MSRP with all the flexibility, it's hard to beat.

I've got the predecessor, Trident-9 with my Mini-Uzi and I'm looking for the 300 AAC Blackout mount now. If I add an MP-5, I'll use there too. This is one very flexible suppressor.
Sidpost, You may want to get on the waiting list with Bryon @ MMM.

Like you I have the Trident and curently use it on my usp sd 9. I should be recieving my stamp any time now for my ca94fs but don't have the three lug mount for the trident. Also I have a PWSMK109 on order (300blk) and plan to use the Trident on it. Again I have the 5/8x24 & three lug mount on back order with Bryon.

I have spoken with Henry at SWR and he has assured me the mounts for the Trident will be available. With the move to Silencerco they have been focusing on the Octane but assured me they are in production. I sent the money in just to get them when released.

Good Luck,

Lt Dan

·
Registered
367 Posts
I forgot to add, with the different pistons it is very easy to move the can from host to host. :62:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I need to do more research, some of this stuff you guys are talking about is over my head. I will say that these 2 weapons that the suppressors are going on are part of my kids inheritance. I am making "kits", if that makes any sense. They have air tight cases with mags, slings, etc.. I do want dedicated suppressors for each.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You are absolutely right. There is a lot to consider when purchasing a can. Is it dedicated or multiple use? Are you looking for tactical use (hides signature so difficult to locate origin using supersonic ammo) or using subsonic ammo(to me that is what I look for in a can as a collector)? I have not purchased a can (All nine cans I own are in a caliber that I have subsonic ammo that will cycle the action) There is also how it sounds to your ear. I've had other owners express a very different experience shooting the same suppressor I own compared to my opinion. I would highly recommend demoing any can you purchase before transferring it to you. There is also the changing technology. If you are looking to hand these suppressors down to your sons, I'd buy the absolute best you can afford. The technology is changing. What was considered "super quiet" 10 years ago is louder than some of the cheap cans produced today. Good luck with the purchase.

Scott

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I guess I need to do more research, some of this stuff you guys are talking about is over my head. I will say that these 2 weapons that the suppressors are going on are part of my kids inheritance. I am making "kits", if that makes any sense. They have air tight cases with mags, slings, etc.. I do want dedicated suppressors for each.
damn my dad never did anything like that for me

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Already started mine working. Bought her one of those .22 cricket rifles with the pink stock and stainless barrel. She begs to shot all the time, loving it!!!!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have two daughters and I am building a collection for them, pistols, cans and AR's

Most females, after training, can shoot better then men.
Than some men, under some conditions, yes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts