HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate posting this especially if there is already a thread somewhere else discussing this but the only things I could find were around 5 years ago. There are a number of new suppressors out there and I just wanted to see what people suggest to run on the 416 10.4" Im new to suppressor world for the most part but I know Id like to try and find something quiet, dependable over weight, length.

If there is a fairly new thread and someone knows it please just point me in the direction and ill read through it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I bought a socom556rc2 for my 10in uppers and m4 clones, works quite well with both vgb and non-vented block, at least I did not feel any excessive blowback with the can on using HK factory buffer spring and buffer. However this might not be the
quieter setup out there.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I use a Gemtech Shield. I like the bilock A2 mount and it’s a robust can. I’ll likely get the GSL bilock can at some point.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have used several, yhm phantom, Dead air and OSS 556k. My favorite is the OSS. It is not the most quiet but I receive little to no gas blowback and the suppression is around 17 decibels.
Edit- i apologize i don't have the dead air, it was the Gemtech 300 blkout

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. I will check all of them out. I was looking at AAC and Surefire just because my friend has used those but hes never used with a 416 10"

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you're checking Surefire, also check out the 556SB2. It has a slightly bigger bore for short barrels and less stabilized bullets from them, plus the bigger opening lets a bit more gas out so less in your face. Downside is the slightly bigger bore makes it slightly louder too.

Reactions: torment

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
One of the best 5.56 suppressors ever made and I have a lot of em, the AAC is older but it will out preform many of the newer cans. The AAC M2000 my go to suppressor for being super quiet compared to my Surefire it's night and day a quieter can and just as tuff.
I have an m4-2000, it’s old but I like it

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One of the best 5.56 suppressors ever made and I have a lot of em, the AAC is older but it will out preform many of the newer cans. The AAC M2000 my go to suppressor for being super quiet compared to my Surefire it's night and day a quieter can and just as tuff.
I heard AAC makes one of the quietest on the market and that was something I was leaning towards. I wanted to hear it from others on the forum though. Being a short barrel I want something thatll reduce its noise the best.

Is it true the 416 is brutal on suppressors?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Yep, it's over gassed with more recoil than a MK18 mod1 with same size barrel and is hard on suppressors that's another reason I personally like the AAC it's made of Inconel 718, 316L SS and can take it.
I heard AAC makes one of the quietest on the market and that was something I was leaning towards. I wanted to hear it from others on the forum though. Being a short barrel I want something thatll reduce its noise the best.

Is it true the 416 is brutal on suppressors?

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
+1 on the older AACs. I have AAC, YHM, Gemtech and a locally made brand....AAC is my fav!!

Reactions: GregAB

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check out the Dead Air Sandman series. My Sandman S on an MR556 is absolutely amazing. I own three Dead Air cans and they're insanely overbuilt -- just like HK firearms. Even the cerekote on all of them is 100% in-tact after hundreds of mag dumps.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I respectably disagree, I have the S, K, & L Sandman Dead Air cans and they are no way as quiet as my AAC on a 5.56 not even the L is not close to the sound reduction of my AAC M4 2000 and the original poster specifically asked for a quiet can. The Sandman S is far from amazing on a 5.56 10.4 barrel those cans are over bored for use on multi calibers firearms and will never be that good on a 5.56. Even DeadAir's Mike Pappas told me face to face at Shot Show said the Sandman is built for rugged use not super sound reduction and made to be used in multi calibers and will not be a great performer on a 5.56 sound reduction as dedicated 5.56 suppressor will.
Check out the Dead Air Sandman series. My Sandman S on an MR556 is absolutely amazing. I own three Dead Air cans and they're insanely overbuilt -- just like HK firearms. Even the cerekote on all of them is 100% in-tact after hundreds of mag dumps.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Don’t get caught up in “quiet” because a 10.4” 5.56 won’t be. Buy a can with a good mount, and the 51 tooth AAC mount ain’t it. Not to mention that AAC as a company seems to be on life support at best.

Look at the Dead Air or Surefire offerings. Both have excellent mounts, although I prefer Dead Air.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the advice! Looks like Im going with a AAC M4-2000. Noticed its rated for the .224 Valkyrie on top of all the other stuff so its a win-win for me. Sadly I had notifications set up for when it came back in stock and missed it Friday because of poor service at work. Got notified early morning and by lunch time it had already sold out lol.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I appreciate the advice! Looks like Im going with a AAC M4-2000. Noticed its rated for the .224 Valkyrie on top of all the other stuff so its a win-win for me. Sadly I had notifications set up for when it came back in stock and missed it Friday because of poor service at work. Got notified early morning and by lunch time it had already sold out lol.
A good silencer. As mentioned, the mount is hit or miss. Good news it can be converted to KeyMo, while you are waiting on your F4.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have a OSS helix on my Hk 416 upper, a setup I enjoy shooting, keeps my internal wear clean and no gas or powder on my face . I just recently purchased a Surefire SB2 for my DI setup ,which I used during my last class , I enjoyed using . I also have a KAC CQBQD can , but don’t use it anymore because, I breathe gun powder All day .

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im so torn. I was decided on the AAC M4 2000 but with my luck ill have issues with the attachment lol. Now Im looking at the Sandman K. Ill sacrifice 5-10bd for a more solid lock up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts