HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
pdxflyr,
I have the Ti Rant 45 on the HK45. It is definitely safe to shoot without haering pro when shot dry. Add 5cc of water(2 liter cap) and the Ti Rant is amazingly quiet. Easy to take apart and adaptable to be shot on .40's and 9's. I have 1500 rounds of 45 through the can and zero failures. You wont be diasppointed :100000:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the Tirant and I love it!
Ghost, how do you get yours apart for cleaning? I bought the tool from AAC and I can't get it apart, any tips?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I also have a TiRant, the 9mm one though, and it functions flawlessly on my usp. Like others have said, the shape of the osprey turned me off also.
Only the newer TiRants are user servicable. I have read that ones with a serial number in the 9xx range can be disassembled. E-mail AAC to verify if you have one that is user servicable. Mine has a sn in the 3xx range and is not, but if you look around online there are ways around this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ya the one I have bought (ATF pending) is the old 2010 version that's a sealed can that I got a good deal on as the dealer was selling it as a clearance item on Gunbroker. I had emailed AAC about how I should clean it. They emailed me a video explaining that very issue.

Advanced Armament Corp. » “How do I clean my sealed silencer?”

The guy I bought it from is from Hill Country Class 3 aka silencershop.com. He explained to me those sealed can work better once they are a little dirty and that I really only need to clean it after about 4000-5000 rounds. The new ones that you take the baffle out you pretty much have to clean regularly so they will continue to come apart on you.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do you have the newer model T45? I beleive the older ones aren't able to be taken apart.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Osprey all the way. Very light and the plus is you can interchange between hosts. I bought the pistons to fit my Tactical 9, 40, 45 & MK 23. Few seconds to change out the piston and you are good to go. Also shoot it on my Kriss and all my Glocks. Looks like it was made for the Mark 23.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not a fan of the Osprey's looks so I went with the Ti-Rant 45. Waiting on my approved Form 4 now...

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I've got an Osprey 45 and an Octane HD 2 being transferred to my local dealer. Boy, it's gonna be a long 6-7 month wait.
The Osprey will be for my 9, .40, and .45 Tacticals. The Octane HD is for the MP5 clone and UMP 9mm (using the 3-lug adapter).

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I've got an Osprey 45 and an Octane HD 2 being transferred to my local dealer. Boy, it's gonna be a long 6-7 month wait.
The Osprey will be for my 9, .40, and .45 Tacticals. The Octane HD is for the MP5 clone and UMP 9mm (using the 3-lug adapter).
I will be waiting with you, just left a deposit for my 9MM and 45 Ospreys today :2300000:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts