HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for a good suppressor for my USP CT 45.

The Gemtech Blackside and SWR HEMS 2 are high on my list.

Was wondering what you guys have thought and what are the pros and cons to these suppressors. I was trying to keep the cost under a grand.

Thanks for your input.

Fan

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I have a blackside on order if that tells you anything

·
Registered
187 Posts
Go with the HEMS-II hands down. I own a Blackside, and on several occasions on this site and others I have voiced my opinion regarding them. They are louder than their competition, and not nearly as reliable. The only attributes that the Gemtech possesses are it's weight, and it's cost. But then again, you typically get what you pay for. If you go with the SWR you're guaranteed to be happy, if you go with the Gemtech, I doubt you'll be happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your inputs. I appreciate all your experiences.

I think I'll look at the HEMS II.

I would like to eventually get a Mark23/KAC setup some day.

Happy shooting!!

Fan

PS Sniper1 - GO GATORS!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Get the yankee hill .45 cobra ... trust me, research it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got an Advanced Armament Evolution - hands down better than Gemtech. Interchanable treads, Nielsen device, easy to clean, solid and rugged. Better sound suppression than Gemtech and can be shot wet or dry. Research carefully before plunking down the $ for a can!

·
Registered
198 Posts
If your order from Gemtech get ready to wait. I ordered mine three months ago and still waiting. Heard similar stories from other people. Worst part, the paperwork arrived at Gemtech a month ago. Since then, it's just been sitting there waiting for someone to ship it. Calling just gets me another excuse. The last excuse was "Well, the shipping guys just haven't gotten to it yet. Let me go look.... Yeah, it's about halfway down the stack of items being shipped. Should be out in the next day or two." That was two weeks ago.

Only way I'll ever order another Gemtech is if I find a dealer that has one in stock ready to go on a Form 4.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Only way I'll ever order another Gemtech is if I find a dealer that has one in stock ready to go on a Form 4.

I hear ya... I waited something like 4 months for my G5 at the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The thread pitch on the USP CT .45 is M16x1-LH. Make sure you understand LH means left hand which is the opposite of the MK23.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The thread pitch on the USP CT .45 is M16x1-LH. Make sure you understand LH means left hand which is the opposite of the MK23.
Thankyou, That is what I thought it was but was not sure. I already have a fullsize tactical and silencer but was going to get a ct if the thread pitch was the same.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i also have a USP CT. i think i'm going with an EVO 45. i recently got to shoot one on it. it did great, not a single failure, and my USP had only about 50rds through it. i've heard too many bad things about gemtech and the think the HEMS II will be too heavy. i felt that the EVO 45 was a tad heavy but felt good overall.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think that you will be very happy with the evo. My brother has one and it is a nice can. I have read good things about the SWR but never have even seen one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i also have a USP CT. i think i'm going with an EVO 45. i recently got to shoot one on it. it did great, not a single failure, and my USP had only about 50rds through it. i've heard too many bad things about gemtech and the think the HEMS II will be too heavy. i felt that the EVO 45 was a tad heavy but felt good overall.

The HEMS2 is listed at 10.5 oz; the Evo45 is listed at 11.5 oz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The AAC Evo is definitely the way to go. Have several AAC suppressors and they all function and operate effectively and as advertised. They also back up their product if there's a problem.

Love my EVOs

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If your order from Gemtech get ready to wait. I ordered mine three months ago and still waiting. Heard similar stories from other people. Worst part, the paperwork arrived at Gemtech a month ago. Since then, it's just been sitting there waiting for someone to ship it. Calling just gets me another excuse. The last excuse was "Well, the shipping guys just haven't gotten to it yet. Let me go look.... Yeah, it's about halfway down the stack of items being shipped. Should be out in the next day or two." That was two weeks ago.

Good advice. I will never understand why people order from MFG and pay MSRP and wait months, when there is always a dealer somewhere with it in-stock for less than MSRP (No Offense).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts