HKPRO Forums banner

Supressing a MM23e

5K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Harris51 
#1 ·
I have a new MM23e and a AWC Optima .223 can with an adapter on the way and am wondering if any members with a 23e have suppressed thier 23e yet?

FYI, i've had the AWC can for like 10 years so got me thinking...

#3 ·
Do it cautiously - I know some have tried suppressing the 21E with OPS and KAC cans... The lower pressure of the 556 may not create the problems the 762 does.

That being said my PSG1-K clone with a surefire FA762K can worked very well and no operational issues noted on first firing - 100_+ rounds suppressed.

#6 ·
Tuuka,with Ase Utra of Finland is on the manufacturer board at Rob Silver's Silencertalk. He has postedup videos of his cans running on a minimi and a Mag58. He answers his e-mails and PM's and is a great guy. He may be able to point you in the right direction or maybe he has already tested with the belt fed HK exotics. Hey,it couldn'thurt to ask him. Ronnie.

#7 ·
I called Mike and talked to him about this recently. Obviously you may have to change the rollers as the pressure will be different with the suppressor attached (only if you're getting feeding issues). But the biggest issue is whether the barrel shroud gets in the way of the silencer and the adaptor getting in the way of removing the barrel.
As mentioned, certain bigger adaptors will keep you from pulling the barrel out of the shroud.
Another issue is that the shroud extends almost to the edge of the barrel. A screw on suppressor may not fit all the way without bumping into the shroud. I'm waiting on my mm23e before I jump into buying a silencer. Luckily my local fun shop has a coouple different brands, we're going to try a few out with different adaptors and see what fits.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.