HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my Surefire forearm in and mounted up to my AT-94 and now I can't run my suppressor...is there a trick or do I have to get another forearm to be able to go suppressed?

Semper Fi,
Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
:wink:I ran into the same problem. Surefire made an adapter that allowed enough offset to clear the suppressor. Do a "google" search for a Surefire model A15 adapter. I bet you will find a dealer that still has one in stock. I bought mine a while back on closeout from LA Police Gear.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
You will need to get a Surefire A17 offset adapter. They work well, and its honestly the only option you have.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A17 or A15 whats the diff?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
A17 is adjustable so you can set the light at any position. The A15 is not so wherever it stops, it stops.

The MP5-N is in this video (at the 4 minute mark)
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/dakota-tactical/160120-full-auto-t-e-day-range.html
has an A15. You can see it stops at about the 5 o'clock position. If I understand correctly, you would have to alter the timing of the tube in the handguard to get the position you desire.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so I ordered the A15 from LA Police Gear, thanks to DFWGLOCKGUY, and should have the offset mount in a few days. Thanks everyone for helping me keep this forearm...it was on the chopping block for resale.

Semper Fi,
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
OK, so I ordered the A15 from LA Police Gear, thanks to DFWGLOCKGUY, and should have the offset mount in a few days. Thanks everyone for helping me keep this forearm...it was on the chopping block for resale.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Lets hope that the timing is right on your tube. One of the 628s I had set the A15 at around the 3 o'clock position, another at the 7:30ish position. I grew tired of trying out every 628 I had to see if any worked to 6 o'clock. Perhaps you are not as particular.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
This is the A17 I have had for years. Note it converts it from 6V to 9V, so you need to change from P60 to P90.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Renegade...I'm still sitting in the Rookie Corner can you explain that in plain English?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Renegade...I'm still sitting in the Rookie Corner can you explain that in plain English?
Most Surefire forearms for MP5 (that I have seen), use 2 CR123 batteries for about 6 volts of juice. The standard lamp element for this is called a P60. They also make a P61, which provides more lumens but less run time.

On my A17, that portion in front accepts another CR123 battery. So it now runs 3 CR123 batteries for 9 volts. If you use the P60/P61 lamp assembly, it will blow out. You need to up grade it to a 9V lamp, the P90/P91.

You can deduce from the name P60 and P90, that the middle digit denotes the voltage it is designed to accept. Likewise, the "1" version is a higher output and provides more lumens.

Now mine is a few years old as I mentioned, so things might be different for an LED lamp head, as they can accept a wider voltage range.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The KX4 led conversion head runs from 6-9 volts. Almost all of the aftermarket drop in heads accept the same or greater voltage range.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read that the 120 lumen Surefire KX4-BKHA conversion head will work in either 6V or 9V assemblies and not blow out. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I read that the 120 lumen Surefire KX4-BKHA conversion head will work in either 6V or 9V assemblies and not blow out. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks for all the help.
Never have had a problem with either of my 4.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks PSG thats what I needed.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, so the adapter came in today and I got it all mounted up...and it doesnt work. Maybe I need the A17? Everything fit just fine, I added the additional battery and nothing. I have sure everything was screwed on securely and still no.

Thinking I'm going to return the part and sell off the handguard. :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
OK, so the adapter came in today and I got it all mounted up...and it doesnt work. Maybe I need the A17? Everything fit just fine, I added the additional battery and nothing. I have sure everything was screwed on securely and still no.

Thinking I'm going to return the part and sell off the handguard. :(
Did you remember to swap the p60 bulb? If not, it may have popped....ask me how I know.

·
Registered
532 Posts

Thanks for all the help.
I answered your question earlier in this thread.

Make sure all of the contacts are good and all of the batteries are in the correct way. If it came with instructions, read them.

·
Professional Gunslinger
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you remember to swap the p60 bulb? If not, it may have popped....ask me how I know.
The bulb is good. I switched everything back and everything functions perfectly.

I answered your question earlier in this thread.

Make sure all of the contacts are good and all of the batteries are in the correct way. If it came with instructions, read them.
I read the instructions before the adapter came out of the plastic.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't Mean to HiJack, but it seems like its hard to get those Adapters if at all. Is there a different Option for a Surefire Forearm light and a Suppresor such as a particlar model?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts