HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the market for a Surefire 628 for my MP5 and didn't care too much about new or very good condition used but preferred the LED light. Different options out there - quite a few pretty expensive but I put together something that I thought might be of interest to anyone looking.

Surefire 628 MP5 hand guard (instant on only) in good - very good shape (mine works and looks terrific) from Gatewood supply. $73.00
Surefire 628 Body Mp5 Handguard Used

Surefire LED module in new condition (free shipping) from Universalmania. $118.00
https://www.universalmania.com/products/surefire-surefire-led-module-6v-with-single-output

Total for a Surefire 628 and new LED light module (no batteries) - $191.00. At any rate, thought it was a pretty good deal - got both products in and they work very well together. Like the LED (vs. my older incandescent).

Matt

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,535 Posts
LED upgrades for the surefire 628 sometimes doesn't work 100% of the time.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys - I waited to confirm quality and that the combo worked well - apologies on posting an out of stock link. So far, functionality is 100% but I'll keep an eye on it. Matt

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys - I got the entire setup done, delivered and on my gun as I described so I'm good.

In the vein of no good deed goes unpunished, I was posting the combo for others who might have been looking for the same thing. As an aside, i saw the busted LED (bezel and glass broken by the way) option and it wasn't what I wanted. The new one I picked up was - well brand new and it runs perfectly. Apparently the LED unit I bought and referenced in my original post is now sold out so that's my bad. Matt

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
Hey guys - I got the entire setup done, delivered and on my gun as I described so I'm good.

In the vein of no good deed goes unpunished, I was posting the combo for others who might have been looking for the same thing. As an aside, i saw the busted LED (bezel and glass broken by the way) option and it wasn't what I wanted. The new one I picked up was - well brand new and it runs perfectly. Apparently the LED unit I bought and referenced in my original post is now sold out so that's my bad. Matt
Pics--- with LED on!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
That price on the LED unit was killer. Too bad they are out. Other new units are selling for $157.50. Yours is the much brighter LM2-A vs. the LM2 model.

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
Another good, affordable LED upgrade for this hand guard is the Malkoff MDSFFE-2. I ran this light, along with a B&T flash hider, at the Teufelshund Tactical advanced SMG course this past November. The light worked well and the flash hider helped keep carbon buildup off the lens. Good combo for the just under the price point the OP posted.

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/products/malkoff-mdsffe-2-forend-light-to-fit-surefire
325 v. 500 lumens!!! :biggrin:

Tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts