HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On another forum I saw a picture of an MP5 owned by a well known HK/AUG collector online. His MP5 had a surefire light forearm with a 1913 rail along the bottom. Are these made or is this something he tapped and screwed together himself? I'd ask him except he's hasn't been around the sites.

Also with the fake CA94 suppressor/barrel extension would I need to get the extender for the light?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
I've seen this rail for sale on GB. It's built on an angle, meaning it's thicker at the base and thinner near the front to make up for the slope of the forearm. I haven't tried one, but I think my friend in LA put one on one of his guns and has been very happy with it.

B&T makes a forearm set up like that that seems a little nicer,IMHO. I mean if you're going to put it on a 5K gun you might want to check around a little more. I think the B&T was a TL-99 or something like that.

regards,

r.

·
2,832 Posts
GG&G makes a rail for the normal wide forend but if you put it on the Surefire its gonna sit at a funny angle, the wide forend is sloped......the Surefire is not. But a generic piece of picitiny rail would do the trick, I did this on my SP89 forend.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
D'oh! I forgot that the surfire isn't angled. Sorry guy's!

:0(

p.s. I'd still check out the TL-99.

·
2,832 Posts
dont be...I had the same thought once....but I know something good looking and secure can be made up without much effort, there are enough Surefire forends in poor shape and cheap to try it out on.

the B&T's are very nice, I have the one with the single rail on the bottom, wish I could find the one you mention(rails, forend and light in one) in the US but cant

QUOTE=Hk51fan;547215]D'oh! I forgot that the surfire isn't angled. Sorry guy's!

:0(

p.s. I'd still check out the TL-99.[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Galil300 had one on each of his 94's. I sent him a message asking him where he got them. I'll let you guy's know when he get's back to me.

Regards,

r.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll post the picture later today after classes. It's not that sloped rail. I've seen that one.

·
2,832 Posts
OK, this is what will work(and what I would use), but it will require some cutting inside the Surefire forend(take a look inside and you will see what I mean), but then it will fit down inside and mount a small 1913 rail for a forend.
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2262.php

other problem is...unless you have the cord presure switch..how would you activate the surefire with the vertical forend on?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the G&G a full forearm or is it bolted to stock HK forearm. All the pics show it as a single unit with the forearm.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I ever see him online anywhere I'll see what he says about it. I don't know if I'll ever do it but I like the design of the original SF forearm. Anyways Landpimp, thanks for the help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts