HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon Gents,

This is my first substantive post here. I've learned a great deal from reading the boards, just in the past few weeks that I've been a member here. I figured if I had a question about slowing down a HK416, someone here would have the answer.

I'm trying to figure out how well a marriage of the Surefire H9 buffer & HK416 would be. I have a 416 in inventory and when I put a can on it, it's screaming fast. So much so, I'm getting malfunctions where I can only assume the gun is outrunning the magazine spring. I'm using HK mags, a Surefire SOCOM and an early factory 416.

Does anyone have experience trying to slow down a 416 with a H9? Does the gun still run reliably with the H9 when unsuppressed? I understand Surefire discontinued the H9, but I have the opportunity to source one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Living in California, I don’t have any access to suppressor. But I do have the surefire H9 buffer, and I have use it in my AH 10.4 HK416 upper, non vented.

My ejection pattern was 1 o’clock direction and brass is hitting the rear of the ejection port. After using the H9 buffer, it was ejecting right at 3 o’clock.

Bolt speed felt slower. It feel like the roller lock rifle, where it’s a longer gentler push instead of a sharp kick.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for sharing your experience with the H9. I wonder if it would still function reliably unsuppressed in cold weather?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other possibility would be for me to look at changing to a vented gas block, but my rifle is original as it left the factory and I don't really want to start monkeying around with it outside of such. I wonder if HK would swap the gas block for me; perhaps I'll have to call to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts