HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go with the X300. If you look around you can find them new for around 200.00. It also balances a full size pretty nicely too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't want to get too far off the original topic, but this is why even if you carry a weapon mounted light, you should still carry a hand held light. As it is not very smart to be pointing your weapon mounted light (because it is attached to a weapon) all over the place, especially in an urban environment, you should instead be using a hand held light to search for and identify possible threats. Then, if one is found, you can transition to your pistol, with the hand held light or with the weapon mounted light.
Totally agreed. The X300 is for a P30 dedicated to HD. I won't carrying it. I have a handheld Surefire for that purpose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I bought an XC1 when they first came out. I honestly don't even know where it is now. I was...underwhelmed.

Personally, I don't roll with a WML on my carry piece. A small, handheld surefire like the E1B gives you a lot more utility. Not exactly kosher to whip out your carry piece to light up under the seats in a movie theater to find your kid's toy that he dropped. Is having two lights ideal? Sure. But how much shlt do you want to carry around.

For a dedicated HD weapon? X300U all day (err, all night I guess). It's my choice for carbines too.
Pretty much sums up the thread right there. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting thread. I have been looking at the X300. The only thing I can’t figure is how far does end of the light extend past the end of the barrel. Could one of you who has one on a P30L take a pic and post it so I can see how far out the light stick in front of the barrel?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lots of people (especially my LE friends) only make the mistake once of thinking you won't need/use a light when the sun's up. I know exactly when/where I was when I had my "learning occured" moment.
This.

The sun don't shine in dark closets where bad guys hide.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Interesting thread. I have been looking at the X300. The only thing I can’t figure is how far does end of the light extend past the end of the barrel. Could one of you who has one on a P30L take a pic and post it so I can see how far out the light stick in front of the barrel?
Here's a pic of a p30L and a pre-Ultra X300 (the ultra's have a slightly longer bezel)

While not ideal, if the bezel extends past the footprint of the gun; just smear a light film of cheap chapstick on the lens. Like that tube of coconut stuff BlueForceGear used to give out (pretty sure that's why they do it)...and you can wipe away build-up easier.

Also check out those Phlster extended switches. They should be standard on X300's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks dms16, that pic helps. I like buying good gear, but sometimes I get hung up on looks and can’t stand how the x300 looks on the P30 but it works for me on the P30L. I am going to have to pick on up at some point.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You're "blue label"...so maybe you WOULD believe some of the weirdest places where we've found people that didn't want to be found...
Absolutely.

I've found 'em hiding in places that you wouldn't think a human would fit in.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts