HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has a simple fix for the cocking tube hanger missing. The guns is a sw5 with a cast receiver and runs great except for having forearm wobble that is slowly pitting the barrel.

The space between the tube and barrel is barely wide enough for the pin to go through.

Anyone know of an aftermarket forearm that uses a different retaining system.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge that is shared on this forum. Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
You may want to try the PTR variety. I had a similar situation with a federal arms FA91; dare i even call that monstrosity an HK91 clone. It was my early days of roller locks and i didn’t really know what was what. The PTR aluminum forearms could help your situation because they use a threaded bolt instead of an HK push pin. good luck! you may want to have serious thoughts about taking it to a qualified gunsmith. This sounds like there may be other problems underneath the surface.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The SureFire M63 railed foreend's front mounting point pivots and it tensioned with a hex-headed grub screw. Would this resolve your issue?

EDIT to add: You can find these used for sale frequently. Many police departments had them on their MP5s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts