HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an SW52 that has not had the "X" conversion. Does anyone know what needs to be done and who can do it.

I know he that can not be named is now Coharie Arms but wondering if I can trust sending them the rifle. Did the conversion fix the problems so that it can run full auto?

Anyone with experience?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would never trust sending a rifle in to be 'fixed' to the same man who botched it so completely in the first place.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I would never trust sending a rifle in...
OK then, who would YOUR perfect person to fix a 7.62x39 gun? (This oughta be good).

On the other hand I see no alternative. Either send it back to YooNoHoo or do it yourself. You'll soon find out why there IS an "X" conversion.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
He made a couple variants of that gun with the X being the fix for full auto I believe it was.It was a tungsten filled carrier and some spring fix also.I cant recall if it fixed all the problems or not.I had one of the 32 and one 52.Neat idea I wish worked well.
Anyway, you might call him or Wade and see if they still have parts for it.If not I am sure he can make you one.But seems like they quit making the bolt etc. and discontinued them about the same time.Do you have the one that will take the drum?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Contacted Mr "B" and he isn't accepting the rifles for the "X" update any longer. The idea of shooting 7.62x39 with my sear is very appealing.

Reading old threads it appears the bolt and recoil spring were changed. Those parts are not around any longer so I'm going
to forget the idea.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Put a want to buy on Sturm or something.You may come up with something there?

·
Registered
611 Posts
I own both the 32KDX and 52XD from that company. They are both 7.62 x 39 and will accept all standard AK 47 magazines and drums. I have ran my sear in my 32KDX and used a 75 round drum. It functioned hard at first but once you make sure the mag or drum is seated correctly it runs like a top. Nothing more suprising than seeing this rifle at the range with a big drum hanging from the bottom of it. Much louder than a .223

The X upgrade was to improve the cycling of the rifle and the D upgrade was so it will accept drums. Both the 32 and 52 work with drums and accept even the new polymer clear AK47 magazines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts