HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy bought a new P2000 9mm from a local store the other day. The gun was out of box on display so the store owner found the original box and paperwork but could not locate the original gray HK-USA life-time warranty card. The store owner took the warranty card from the other HK in the shop, a P2000sk 9mm, and put it with the P2000.

I compared my buddy's warranty card to my P2000 card and they looked the same, just the serial number's different. The question is whether the HK life-time warranty card is valid for this particular HK P2000 since it's from another gun and another model. Does HK or HK-USA track gun's serial number to warranty card's serial number? Or does this not matter?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I can't specifically answer your question. But I would certainly hope that if HK is offering a Lifetime warranty on a particular pistol that they would honor it regardless of whether a postcard was mailed in.

I'll tell ya this, the Austrian gun manufacturer fixes any of their pistols, irrespective of a postcard and regardless of who originally bought it or how many people have owned it, forever, with no questions asked. THAT is how customer service should work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe I saw someone describe a similar occurance on the HK USA message board (a warranty card from another gun box was sent in to HK.) HK customer service replied and said "it doesn't matter." The serial number on the warranty card is not specific to any one gun.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had a problem where i bought a NIB tact that was missing a warranty card...called up cust serv and they sent me one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Warranty

Recently bought a 2006 mfg P2000SK. Emailed HK CS regarding warranty. Answer was the warranty is not transferable to a new owner. MMMM, this means, you buy and never sell it. The warranty must be for my lifetime and not the gun!!!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
It doesn't matter. And I don't mean that the printing on the cards doesn't matter, I'm saying it doesn't matter whether you send in the card or not. Your warranty is NOT dependent on mailing in the warranty card, whether or not they claim it is.

As long as you keep the receipt, they have to honor the warranty. The nice thing about warranty cards is that if you lose the receipt, they will have it on file. The down side is that they will use the information to send you advertising. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind getting sales info from HK. :) But still keep the receipt in case they lose it.

It's part of the Magnuson-Moss Act if you want the specifics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts