HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the differances are between the AK4 and the G3?

I looked through the HK in Sweden thread and only found mention of the different sights and the brass catcher.

·
Registered
221 Posts
afaik, it's basically the same rifle, with small variations. The AK4 has the same thumb groove bolt carrier as the norwegian AG3 and the danish M66(G3A5). It also have a trigger housing marked S-P-A in stead of S-E-F, The trigger housing also have reinforcement dimples in the area of the front pin hinge point. The rear sight drum has four diopter peeps that are marked 2-3-4-5 indicating distance in hundreds of meters. The stock has the heavy G3 buffer.
The upgraded variant is called AK4B and have the iron sights replaced by a picatinny rail/Aimpiont combo specially designed for the swedish government.
It also has a different charging handle.

I'm sure our swedish friends will chime in if I forgot something.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I know the Swedes adopted the AK5(FN FNC) in the late 70s, does the AK4 still see much use?

·
Registered
221 Posts
More info from HKPRO forums:
AK4B thread w/pics

AK4 thread w/pics

Oh, and I forgot, at least the AK4 also sports the port buffer, but it appears to have been removed from the AK4B to accommodate the picatinny rail.

The AK4/AK4B is still in use in Sweden by Hemvärnet -Home defense-
Sweden also gave away a lot of AK4's to the baltic states a few years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies and links to threads. I dont know why those threads do not show up in the results when I search for AK4!?

·
Registered
190 Posts
The bayonet lug is different, locking lug hole is in a different position. Type 2. Hk bayonet will not catch and lock in. Three crown marked bayonet looks identical to the hk one but latch is off by a few mm. I see a lot of people complain their bayonet doesnt fit the lug they bought.... this is type 1 lug hk, with type 2 swedish bayonet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts