HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I came across this parts kit, and jumped on it. So now my Stainless USP will have an HE back-up upper to it.

It's certainly a strange kit. The firing pin is there, but no firing pin spring. The entire recoil assembly is there except for a snap ring and recoil spring retainer. Obviously the barrel is missing. The hammer spring is there, no hammer strut or hammer. Hell, the entire hammer box is gone except for the control latch/catch. Mag release, but doesn't appear to have the mag release spring. The trigger axle is there, but no trigger or TRS. Very weird.

I'm going to get the parts needed to make this a complete slide so I don't have to swap any parts out between the stainless and the HE gun. I've got an extra barrel sitting around already for it. I will be interested to see if the ghost ring sights are better. However, since I've got tall sights on my stainless slide, I might throw these up for trade for some adjustable tactical-style sights for the sake of conformity.

Yeehaw.

·
Registered
224 Posts
How much? Where?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very nice Mav! I have something very similar too! As soon as I get mags, I'll post up a range report and some pics as well! :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice Mav! I have something very similar too! As soon as I get mags, I'll post up a range report and some pics as well! :D
How much longer is your wait period? And how much longer until you move out of that awful, awful place? :)

·
Banned
77 Posts
I dont know anything about these HE jobs, so would someone mind enlightneing me please.

How can you tell if a slide is an HE slide or just a regular one?

Also, I assume the other internal parts are also specially coated to the HE specification?

Thanks!

·
Registered
802 Posts
The big question is, what blew up? Something happened with the gun to end up as a parts kit.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
All of the USPs (except the SS) have the HE (nitrate) finish.

So he now has a normal (HE) finish slide and his stainless slide.

I'm guessing the previous owner KB'ed it. There were some pictures floating around of a KB'ed USP 45, it destroyed the frame and magazine but the rest was fine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like one of the early USP's. It would have had a L&G barrel and one piece catch. But, what is catching my eye is the mag release, let me know if it is for sale.

Enjoy your find,
Gayle

·
Registered
851 Posts
How much longer is your wait period? And how much longer until you move out of that awful, awful place? :)
No more wait Mav, I have the pistol in hand. However being the genuis that I am, I didn't have mags for the .40 conversion. I just picked up some and they are making their way to me as we speak. Hopefully I'll get them in this week and I'll hit the range on Saturday and post a write up afterwards.

Won't be moving any time soon unfortunately. I'm hoping the upcoming Supreme Court hearings will change things for the better for all restricted states, especially mine. :D

And I need to start hanging out with you more. You always get the awesome deals off GB!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts