HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I sent my original SWR Octane 9 HD suppressor back to SWR to be upgraded to the new format using the Silencerco Osprey piston, new non-removable booster housing and the new enclosed Click Together Assembly baffle stack. I use this suppressor on my MP5 clone, SIG P239, Glock 19 and Browning Buckmark. With the old style Octane HD, using the can on so many different hosts required that the end user keep the booster housing impeccably clean, lest the piston not be able to be re-inserted. The new design is much better in this regard, and the shooter can switch back and forth with minimal hassle.

Here's a video Review of the upgraded SWR Octane 9 HD2 as well as a shooting range sound check:

If you are a high volume shooter (no pun intended) and are considering a user serviceable 9mm suppressor to use on your MP5 as well as your handguns, you owe it to yourself to take a look at what this can has to offer.

Thanks!

Rican Havoc

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start saving for an ultrasonic cleaner...and barrels for other guns you hadn't thought of suppressing yet! :wink:

Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe 4th!

·
Registered
67 Posts
A few weeks ago I sent my original SWR Octane 9 HD suppressor back to SWR to be upgraded to the new format using the Silencerco Osprey piston, new non-removable booster housing and the new enclosed Click Together Assembly baffle stack. I use this suppressor on my MP5 clone, SIG P239, Glock 19 and Browning Buckmark. With the old style Octane HD, using the can on so many different hosts required that the end user keep the booster housing impeccably clean, lest the piston not be able to be re-inserted. The new design is much better in this regard, and the shooter can switch back and forth with minimal hassle.

Here's a video Review of the upgraded SWR Octane 9 HD2 as well as a shooting range sound check:

If you are a high volume shooter (no pun intended) and are considering a user serviceable 9mm suppressor to use on your MP5 as well as your handguns, you owe it to yourself to take a look at what this can has to offer.

Thanks!

Rican Havoc
So what do you have to do to get SWR to upgrade the can. They say that they're going to announce the program for the upgrade, but it hasn't been announced yet. I've seen on a few different forums that people have had theirs upgraded. Do you just have to contact them and ask nicely?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what do you have to do to get SWR to upgrade the can. They say that they're going to announce the program for the upgrade, but it hasn't been announced yet. I've seen on a few different forums that people have had theirs upgraded. Do you just have to contact them and ask nicely?
Just give them a call and ask to speak with someone about the upgrade program. I'm guessing they haven't announced it b/c there's probably not a whole lot of original Octanes out there to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts