HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking into getting a can for my MP5 Ghillie Build, as it is my pride and joy. I was looking at the Trident 9 w/ 3 lug but SWR doesn't list it on their site anymore???

Also does it come apart to clean all the baffles and stuff with regular use?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That or the AAC Ti-Rant. I just would want to be able to disassemble it for cleaning. Not sure if the AAC allows this. Anyone have one and can chime in?

·
Registered
388 Posts
^ is that the surefire rail?
Yep. Surefire with Ladders. Looks cool with XTMs, but I didn't care for the thickness and the barrel never gets hot enough to necessitate the added thermal protection.

To get back on topic, yes, the Ti-Rant is a take-apart, user-serviceable can as well. At this point I'm just leery of dealing with AAC after the buyout and subsequent firings of top brass. Who knows what's coming next from Cerberus...

To be fair, SWR was also bought out by Silncerco, but c'mon, it's Silencerco. They're not likely to shut down the suppressor business. That damn tri-headed dog on the other hand...

On the subject of user-serviceable cans, this video is interesting (appears to show the latest HD baffles), as it shows the can after 800 rounds. It's not deplorably filthy, but since buying a can is like a cheaper wedding ceremony, it's nice to have the ability to easily clean it over the years.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a Trident 9 with 3lug. Yes its been discontiuned. No the Trident does not come apart.

The new Octane 9 comes apart for cleaning and is the replacement for the Trident. 3lug adapters should be out soon for the Octane as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No, Mine runs fine in semi and full with the standard locking piece.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I use a AAC navy on my MP5 and it works perfect without changing locking piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts