HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I live in in NY but I want to get a complete T36 and was wondering is anyone using a STANAG adapter can tell me if it can be removed with a magazine inserted?

·
Have gun, will travel
1,267 Posts
I don't think so because it has to swing. I can't hardly get mine out without a mag inserted though. It's super tight.

Why? Bullet button?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main concern is clearing malfunctions. There is no consensus if the bullet button qualifies as “fixed”. I wasnt aware there is a billet button for the G36. My plan was to load through the ejection port using a comp mag which wold need the STANAG adapter.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Can’t speak to the AR adapter but I just tried it with the G36 mag. It didn’t work so good. I suppose if I forced it I could get it to release. The top rear of the mag was binding. It was really close though.

ETA: I just compared a stanag mag and a G36. Depending on where they put the extra material in the adapter it could have better clearance than the G36 one. At least with the Spuhr adapter they swap the bolt hold/release. That might suggest the extra shimming is in the rear of the adapter housing to compensate for the AR mags not being as wide. I wish I still had my adapters. Always had issues with them so I ditched them.

·
Have gun, will travel
1,267 Posts
My main concern is clearing malfunctions. There is no consensus if the bullet button qualifies as “fixed”. I wasnt aware there is a billet button for the G36. My plan was to load through the ejection port using a comp mag which wold need the STANAG adapter.
I really don't have a good answer, but reloading from the ejection port is going to be something else. You may want Tommy to do some custom work and widen that guy up. Maybe have him figure out something on the mag too??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m trying to find a off the shelf idea or something I can do myself. I don’t want to drop the coin unless I know it can be done. I’d prefer not to modify the rifle itself and I’m hoping to find an option for modifying the Mag/magwell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m trying to find a off the shelf idea or something I can do myself. I don’t want to drop the coin unless I know it can be done. I’d prefer not to modify the rifle itself and I’m hoping to find an option for modifying the Mag/magwell.
I'm in NY too, what if you cut the grip to be like a spur grip and had a crowned barrel? With a fixed stock you can have a removable 10rd magazine, just don't put a foregrip on it and you're safe. That's what I plan on doing with an MP5 build once I get around to it. If you ever leave NY you can switch the lower to a pistol grip one and you're good to go.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or what if you had Tommy Tactical modify the receiver so that it works with the speedloaders that feed through the ejection port? Bear Flag Defense and Mean Arms make some, they work great in AR15's so I imagine there's a way to get it working in a G36.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or what if you had Tommy Tactical modify the receiver so that it works with the speedloaders that feed through the ejection port? Bear Flag Defense and Mean Arms make some, they work great in AR15's so I imagine there's a way to get it working in a G36.
I actually just ordered a MEAN arms version for my AR and AR10 but don’t want to modify the receiver.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in NY too, what if you cut the grip to be like a spur grip and had a crowned barrel? With a fixed stock you can have a removable 10rd magazine, just don't put a foregrip on it and you're safe. That's what I plan on doing with an MP5 build once I get around to it. If you ever leave NY you can switch the lower to a pistol grip one and you're good to go.
I’m hoping just moving the mag well adapter would work I just don’t want to to be to hard to remove Incas of a jam.

I’m considering possibly either replacing the spring or in some other way make it so the mag can’t be removed without removing the roll pin for the mag latch.

My other thought is seeing if I can have the hole threaded and using a screw instead of a roll pin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great idea. I’ll just sell my house, quit my job, have my rest of my family do the same move to PA and I can finally get a G36! Thanks man how do I get this thread deleted since my problem is solved?
Exactly.... Those responses carry the same level of logic as the amount of comedic value in "that's a 30rd clipazine ar15 ghost gun!" posted under any facebook picture of a gun or forgotten weapon youtube video....Just roll the eyes at another piece of original content.

·
Registered
119 Posts
One option would be to have Tom modify the gas block for you. He will grind off the piston housing part and weld the gas hole closed. This modified gas block can be installed on the barrel using the factory pin as before. This removes the gas system altogether and you now have a bolt action gun so any and all features are ok. There was a thread about doing this a long while back and the person that reported doing it said it worked very well... just another option rather than altering the looks of the rifle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s a fairly extensive modification and honesty this will be a really expensive range toy so some Fi I king loading through the ejection port isn’t a huge deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts