HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERE'S A TACTICAL .45 THAT I JUST PICKED UP FROM ANOTHER HK BOARD MEMBER. I JUST FINISHED DRESSING IT UP WITH A JET FUNNEL KIT AND A JET FUNNEL MAG THAT I HAD TO MAKE. PICTURE ONE: IS A STANDARD LANYARD LOOP FOR THE 9/40. NEXT TO IT IS A LANYARD LOOP FOR A .45. YOU CAN SEE THE SIZE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO SO, A JET FUNNEL WON'T JUST DROP RIGHT IN. I HAD TO MAKE THE EXTENSION TO MAKE THE HEIGHT REQUIREMENT. IF NOT YOU'LL JUST GET LIGHT PRIMER STRIKES. PICTURE TWO: THIS IS TWO 10RD MAGS CUT THEN WELDED TOGETHER SO I COULD HAVE THE EXTRA LENGTH FOR THE JET FUNNEL. I THEN HAD TO RE-BEND THE BOTTOM OF THE MAG SO I COULD USE A JET FUNNEL BASE PLATE. THEN I HAD TO MODIFY THE JET FUNNEL BASE PLATE ITSELF BY OPENING IT UP A LITTLE BECAUSE THE .45 MAGS ARE WIDER THEN THE 9/40.THE MAG NOW HOLDS 14RDS AND ONE IN THE CHAMBER...THAT MAKES 15RDS! PLUS IT JUST LOOKS COOL. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ONE THE NEW P30 OR THE HK45.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Chris you do some amazing work! That Jet Funnel looks great. I am looking forward to see what you do with the P30 and HK45.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
DAMN YOU! :D

You realise, that what you've done.... is now make it my mission to do the same for my mark23?!

Chris, i would be forever grateful, if you could gimme some tips on how to make the plastic spacer for the block! (the mags i will have to make new 10-round baseplates, but thats not a big deal)

Is there a lot of filing involved with the jet funnel, or is it doable with a set of good files and a dremel?

·
Registered
224 Posts
You are a MAD MAN! I love it! When you goin to start mass producing this stuff?????

I still want the match trigger on my compact.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The plastic spacer for the lanyard block is pretty easy to mill out. Or buy a spare one and cut it to size.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hey, Chris what about taking in some business? I'll allow you to mod. my mags. You just might have a thing going on here. Please, reply.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice. That must be one helluva franken-mag. Let us know how it runs.

Do you do custom projects for customers? :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I assure you the mag will run flawlessly. Back when the ban ended I cut and welded the 10 round mags much as he did (but used all the mag I could) and came up with 17 round mags. I had to use the STI 170mm spring but they all functioned perfectly. Mine stick out stupidly far but they do work so I see no reason for his not to. If they don't, get the longer STI spring and that will make it work. The hard part about the welding is cleaning up the inside but that is minimal if you TIG weld and know what you are doing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Can't you get more rounds in the mags by trimming the follower? I have heard of increased capacity with no decrease in performance (though I would put some +10% springs in. Those followers are HUGE!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TACTICAL .45

HEY F22_RaptoR :
I LOOKED AT MY MARK 23 TONIGHT TO SEE ABOUT FITTING A JET FUNNEL ON THERE. "I DON'T KNOW".... LOOKS CLOSE AND THAT MAG WELL IS BIG! IF I DO GET IT I WILL POST PICTURES OF IT FOR YOU.

AND LIKE BIG BORE SAID I AM USING THE STI 170MM SPRINGS TO PUSH ALL THAT WEIGHT TO THE TOP.

GUNUT45 : I HAVE NOT TRIED TRIMMING THE FOLLOWER TO SQUEEZE ONE MORE ROUND. I WAS HAPPY WITH 14 IN THE MAG BUT ONE MORE WOULD JUST MAKE ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE :) I WILL TRY IT LATER TONIGHT AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED....THANKS,BIG_CHRIS_304

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks Big Chris! :D

I think i will try to get a JF and fit it as my next project... With JFK's flash suppressor, its just begging for a magazine well! :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
HEY F22_RaptoR :
I LOOKED AT MY MARK 23 TONIGHT TO SEE ABOUT FITTING A JET FUNNEL ON THERE. "I DON'T KNOW".... LOOKS CLOSE AND THAT MAG WELL IS BIG! IF I DO GET IT I WILL POST PICTURES OF IT FOR YOU.

AND LIKE BIG BORE SAID I AM USING THE STI 170MM SPRINGS TO PUSH ALL THAT WEIGHT TO THE TOP.

GUNUT45 : I HAVE NOT TRIED TRIMMING THE FOLLOWER TO SQUEEZE ONE MORE ROUND. I WAS HAPPY WITH 14 IN THE MAG BUT ONE MORE WOULD JUST MAKE ME FEEL ALL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE :) I WILL TRY IT LATER TONIGHT AND SEE WHAT I CAN DO. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED....THANKS,BIG_CHRIS_304
Looking forward to seeing how it works!! :D

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Chris I like the way you think! I may be sending a USP .45 and my OD green Tactical to you for this conversion - and of course 3 of these mags for each one. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think you guys need to send the pics to HK and have them start mass producing your ideas!

Great work guys! I'd buy your products.

·
Registered
34 Posts

how did this turn out?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Commenting on a 5 year old thread...juuuuuust dannnndy.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.