HKPRO Forums banner

Tac Latch for sp5?

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Oakengineer 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I'm guessing it installs somehow to the button from the inside of the magwell, kind of like the PTR91 style paddle releases.

The page was updated in the last few days to remove the broken link, so maybe they'll be in stock soon.

#5 ·
Just get a true paddle release installed. I had an older version of this on a 94 clone I had years ago. Although it was functional, I prefer the OEM paddle release. If you're gonna spend the scoots on an SP5K, spend the extra for a proper paddle.

#7 ·
Any reputable HK smith will do the work and you won't even be able to tell work had been done.

But, if you are set against having an OEM flapper installed; the Tac-Latch works. To instal you drive out a role pin and replace it with new one after you instal the latch and a spring. This new model looks good

#8 ·
You should get your SP5K in Mike's hands at Michaels Machines. His paintless paddle install is exactly that and requires no drilling, no welding, and is entirely touch free to your new gun. I was impressed upon seeing how it's done, and it looks absolutely factory. Worth the money for install and bridges the gap from SP5K to MP5K.

#10 ·
Got my Tac Latch and installed today on the SP5K. Honestly it works pretty well, I did some reload training with it and it's WAY better than the stock mag release if you're right-handed. I know the paddle is the holy grail, but for $59 this is a solid improvement. Install was not too difficult, the directions that come with it are pretty weak, but it's not hard to figure out if you have a good set of tools. It does not eliminate the stock push-button mag release on the right side, so you can still use that as well.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

Gun Trigger

Tac Latch I got from here:
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-94-MP5K-SP89-SP5K-Tac-Latch-79p2792.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.