HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have decided to go with the Surefire X300 on my USP45. I know everyone likes the GG&G rail adapter. On GG&G's website they specificaly say it was designed for the TLR's and the M3/M6. Will this adapter work well with the X300? I just wanted to confirm before I purchase it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Based on the images I've seen of the Surefire X300 on the Internet, it appears the X300 uses the same body as the X200. With that said, if they do share the same body, just different internals, then the fit on the GG&G rail should not be a problem at all. I've run my X200A on both the GG&G rails for the USP and USPc, never a fit problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can only assume they were trying to market it to M-series users initially. I use it with my X200 and I know several others who do as well.

It's also significantly cheaper than Surefire's adapter.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I have a GG&G rail on my USP 45 and it's excellent. low-profile well made and looks good! But when ever I slip my x200 on it, it feels like i need two people to get it off the rail.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have the GG&G rail on my Tactical, I put a friend's M3 on it with no issues, I'll be getting a X300 in the weeks to come so I'll let you know how it works out. the GG&G rail is very nice. No need to spend the extra money on the surefire rail IMHO

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a GG&G rail on my USP 45 and it's excellent. low-profile well made and looks good! But when ever I slip my x200 on it, it feels like i need two people to get it off the rail.
Sounds like the rail screws on your X200 unit are too tight. Break out a small allen key and loosen them up. Slide your X200 and play around with the tightness. Another recommendation is to put a tiny drop of lube on the rail. I used Rem Oil and voila! slides on and off with just a touch of effort, unlike before I when I needed the jaws of life to get it off! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts