HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a TacLatch or any other paddle mag release on my 91? I was looking at the ones that are on the Hkparts store or RTG parts. Would very much prefer drop in, as my DIY work is probably not competent enough to go making welds, drilled holes, or other precision machine work.

If so, does anyone know any good videos or guides of how to install one easily?(assuming I found one that does not require major perma changes.

I have some pictures here of my receiver where one would go, not sure if these help. Would I need a receiver/lower like the one pic there that is a stock photo?

(yes i know its a shoddy receiver job/welds, not my doing....

Attachments

·
Banned
93 Posts
I have one I bought for a PTR and never used. I can take a look at it and see if there is an easier way to explain the install. If I remember the instructions suck.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The tach latch instructions are confusing. However, it is pretty easy to install. I prefer my factory mag releases that I had a smith install, but the tach latch is better than nothing, and goid for those weapons that you don't want to alter for collectible reasons. It's also less expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tach latch instructions are confusing. However, it is pretty easy to install. I refer thread doe ag releases thati gad a smith install, but the tach latch is better than nothing, and goid for thse weapons that you don't want to alter for collectible reasons. It's also less expensive.
Uh, not sure if your cat stepped on your keyboard or something, but i get the idea of what youre saying, haha.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Yes it should be. Later tonight I'll dig out the tac latch I have and look at it and give you a definitive answer. I bought it a couple years back to put on a PTR91 but I sold the rifle before I was able to install it.

·
Banned
93 Posts
in a nutshell you remove the push button mag release, using a small punch to drive out the roll pin. remove the mag catch and spring. put the taclatch into the magwell and reinstall the mag catch and spring. Then take the provided push button release and install with a roll pin. it's a lot easier to visualize it if you look at a mag release diagram.

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
in a nutshell you remove the push button mag release, using a small punch to drive out the roll pin. remove the mag catch and spring. put the taclatch into the magwell and reinstall the mag catch and spring. Then take the provided push button release and install with a roll pin. it's a lot easier to visualize it if you look at a mag release diagram.
I put a tac latch on all my 9X series of guns that I didn't convert to paddle release. It works great and it's easy to install. If I can install, anyone can install it.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Are you looking for a tac latch? I have one that I'm not using and probably never will since I now go with the paddle release.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After I installed the tac-latch, I had difficulty inserting the magazine into locked position on a HK91. I had to clip a few coils off the mag release spring but the problem still persists. I have to push the tac-latch everytime to insert the magazine fully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts