HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. so i took my new Tac out for a test drive. LOVE it! the recoil is not as great as some 1911's i have shot and the feel is awsome. at 20 paces i was shooting down and right. so i adjusted the rear sight up and left. seamed to help a little. but i have been hearing that from the factory it should be dead on.... is that so? second thing is do they make any after market sights for this thing? the black on black sucks, (that is why i am ordering a TLR2 with GG&G mount), but something has to be better.. hell does anyone know some company that make do it you self tritium paint? so i can make a few dots? any info for a first time HK owner who, will never buy any other hand gun maker again..............?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I may buy a USP this weekend - I WOULD get a tac model, but the all black sights are stopping me too..

This seems to be an answer - he is a sponsor on some sights I frequent - He has a money back guarentee, and it's only $10. Plus, I've read a handful of reviews that seem to be okay.

http://www.nitesiters.com/

Personally - the glow in the dark abaility doesn't interest me as much as just having SOME KIND of dots to see.

·
Registered
617 Posts
ok. so i took my new Tac out for a test drive. LOVE it! the recoil is not as great as some 1911's i have shot and the feel is awsome.
I've been wondering about this myself - I have shot a 9mm USP but never a 45. I'm used to shooting 1911s - govt size, steel framed 1911s. I was curious about the recoil.

So, its softer than a 1911?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to me it is. it has the recoil of my Glock 22 40sw. nice and smooth

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i will be sure too` thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is changing the sights something i can do? or do you need a gunsmith to do it? i know in the manual it says you can use a brass drift....... but.............. i dont know...... its looks easy. and i know they make tools to do it but id hate to spend the money on a tool i am only going to use once........ any thoughts?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Trust me on this - get a gunsmith to do it. In my area, it's only $20 to get sights installed...

I have seen SO many posts on all the gun forums by people who have screwed up their slide with bad scratches or worse.

An HK is too expensive to experiment on. People who know what they are doing can probably do it. Otherwise, why spend so much on a gun and cheap out $20 or so for the install...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts