HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if price is not a concern, who makes the two best supressor for the usp45 tactical?

criteria:

1 sound reduction
2 looks
3 accuracy

·
Registered
335 Posts
HEMS45 by SWR and Knight's. I personally use a Blackside by Gemtech. Light, compact, does not need a recoil booster, relatively inexpensive and efficient. I may break down and buy a HEMS down the road but with a TROS Diplomat II and Blackside 45, I really do not need another 45 can. Want?Yes. Need? No.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I really like the AAC evolution and the Knights Armament can, they would be my top picks. I have heard really good things about the SWR HemsII but have no personal experience with this can.

I personally own a Gemtech Blackside and have a brother with an AWC nexus and another brother with the AAC evo. We all agree that the evo is the quietest of the 3.

If price is no issue It would be the AAC or Knights for me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
JumpmanUSC, how do you like your Tros Diplomat II?

·
Registered
187 Posts
KAC is tops, literally the king of suppression in the .45 world, then SWR HEMS-II or AAC Evo-45. It's a toss up depending on what you want. Both are quiet, they look completely different if cosmetics are important to you. The AAC ASAP system (their version of a Nielson Device) is probably the best in the industry. SWR has the absolute best customer service in probably the entire firearms industry. Don't get a Blackside. I've become convinced that anyone who claims reliability has not fired more than, and I'll even be generous, 200 rounds at a sitting. It's is also not as quiet as any of the 3 I mentioned.

·
Registered
335 Posts
KAC is tops, literally the king of suppression in the .45 world, then SWR HEMS-II or AAC Evo-45. It's a toss up depending on what you want. Both are quiet, they look completely different if cosmetics are important to you. The AAC ASAP system (their version of a Nielson Device) is probably the best in the industry. SWR has the absolute best customer service in probably the entire firearms industry. Don't get a Blackside. I've become convinced that anyone who claims reliability has not fired more than, and I'll even be generous, 200 rounds at a sitting. It's is also not as quiet as any of the 3 I mentioned.
Pray tell what is your experience with your Blackside? I understand there have been numerous posts regarding issues and of course understandably should concern and raise flags to someone considering it. That said, I have literally fired 3K rounds through my Blackside since June when i got it and never had one problem. I have shot my can using my UMP conversion, Tac45 and Compact45 w/ HKCT bbl all in one range session without hiccup. I believe this generalization is unwarranted because you do not know of every single user's experience with the can. Is the can the absolute quietest, heck i don't know because the only comparison I can make is with my Diplomat II and really I can't distinguish much. Please state specific problems you have had with the Blackside for the benefit of everyone because lord knows, I may look out for these same issues in my can. Anecdotal evidence however does nobody good.

·
Registered
335 Posts
JumpmanUSC, how do you like your Tros Diplomat II?
Knowing what I know now, I may have opted for other cans. It has however worked well on two of my guns but it does have trouble cycling my USPCT every so often. I've decided to remove the recoil spring on the can and use the spacer Mark McWiliis provided so i can use the can exclusively on my UMP conversion, that is when I have the .45 bolt and barrel in it. I have my 40SW setup on it right now so the can does not see much action lately specially with the arrival of the Blackside.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Pray tell what is your experience with your Blackside? I understand there have been numerous posts regarding issues and of course understandably should concern and raise flags to someone considering it. That said, I have literally fired 3K rounds through my Blackside since June when i got it and never had one problem. I have shot my can using my UMP conversion, Tac45 and Compact45 w/ HKCT bbl all in one range session without hiccup. I believe this generalization is unwarranted because you do not know of every single user's experience with the can. Is the can the absolute quietest, heck i don't know because the only comparison I can make is with my Diplomat II and really I can't distinguish much. Please state specific problems you have had with the Blackside for the benefit of everyone because lord knows, I may look out for these same issues in my can. Anecdotal evidence however does nobody good.
How many magazines do you have? Load up as many magazines as you have, and shoot them at a decent firing schedule. 3 x 8 rounds magazines in my compact tactical, I would shoot about 100 rounds in about 20 minutes to a half an hour. Within 100 rounds, often less, the pistol would start jamming. Multiple failures to eject within each mag. This would occur within a similar round count to my fullsize tactical, only the time would decrease as I have more more magazines. I'm trying to find a couple otherpostsof mine from other sites that have more detail. The problem is, despite its light weight, as the pistol begins to foul, the extra weight on the end of the pistol begins to make cycling the pistol more difficult. Eventually, the amount of fouling overcomes the fact that the can is fairly light, and the gun fails to eject the spent casing. I have a very hard time believing those who say they have 100% reliability as I have tried this suppressor on several different host pistols, others have tried my suppressor on their pistols, and I have tried other suppressors on my pistol and as long as they have a recoil booster they function even after the Blackside has caused multiple failures.

Here's one entry I posted on another site:
"So I finally decided to shoot my .45CT until it was too dirty to function. Round count = 97. Then this happened. I thought it was a fluke so I tap, rack, bang........uh. tap, rack, bang........tap, rack, bang. 3 times it successively had some form of failure. Failure to fully extract, and 2 stove pipes. I gave up trying." (Note, I recreated this at home with a primered case I had laying around, I realize that the primer is unfired, this is not the actual case from the story, but identical to what happened.)

·
Registered
199 Posts
My blackside has caused consistent jams just like the above picture and it very rarely locked the slide back on the last round. I've only put 250 rounds of cheap UMC target ammo through it though. Better ammo might work smoother. I will find out if I ever get to take it home. And it's a new USP CT so might need some more breaking in..

I do like the compact size as compared to others.

My blackside:

A failure:

·
Registered
340 Posts
My blackside had alot of issues when I first purchased it. It would jam at least 2 times per 10 round mag on my fullsize tactical. After doing a bit of parts swapping and troubleshooting with my brothers tactical. We found that the oring on my barrel was causing drag and friction. Once I switched the oring I have not had a failure since. Please note that I do clean my pistol after each firing session and have only put 200 rounds between cleanings. I have just purchased a uspct and will be interested to see how the blackside performs on it.

Again if cost is no issue I would get the Knights or AAC. The blackside is a budget can and seems to be kind of "luck of the draw" as to whether it will work or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Although I have no experience with it, the AAC BLACKBOX is supposed to be ridiculously quiet. I refuse to use a suppressor "wet", and this is supposed to be a hearing safe dry can.

I plan on getting a USP Tactical .45 and this suppressor. (Currently have a 9SD and AAC EVO on the way for it)

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Black Box hasn't been released yet and won't get released for quite some time. The military program that inspired its creation was canceled, and thus AAC chose to put it on the back burner in lieu of their other current production suppressors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a CCF swiss on mine and love it. See other thread on this topic. Remember: Knight and B&T/CF/SWISS are the only supressors that do not void HKs warranty. They will nor reeplace broken slides on guns that have used non-approved supressors. I like the "black chrome" look of the CCF.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Black Box hasn't been released yet and won't get released for quite some time. The military program that inspired its creation was canceled, and thus AAC chose to put it on the back burner in lieu of their other current production suppressors.
I heard AAC won't be releasing the Black Box until Q2 2008... I cancelled my order and I'm getting the HEMS...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I heard AAC won't be releasing the Black Box until Q2 2008... I cancelled my order and I'm getting the HEMS...
Who told you Q2 2008? Last I heard, and this is straight from the owner, they had no plans to release the Blackbox anytime soon, most likely not for a couple YEARS, not months. I hope you got updated information, I really want one and Q2 '08 would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Who told you Q2 2008? Last I heard, and this is straight from the owner, they had no plans to release the Blackbox anytime soon, most likely not for a couple YEARS, not months. I hope you got updated information, I really want one and Q2 '08 would be great.
I have no clue of the availability but I do know that they have it listed on their website as of last night with a price. I dont frequent their website so I have no clue how long it has been on there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
PM sent...

·
Registered
166 Posts
HTG Cycle-2 in .45 is your best option (IMHO). This can is hearing safe dry, with the exception of the first round pop (which is in the 139-141db range).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts