HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a tactical light for my USP and I need some recommendations.

Basically I'm between a Surefire and a Streamlight as my options.

Do you recommend a pressure switch or should I just stick to the factory on/off switch?

Also, what is a good mount adapter for the light?

Thanks!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like the Streamlight TLR series. I would stick with the factory on/off switch depending on what your situation and usage will be. Go with the GG&G Slim Line mount.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I just use a M2 and don't bother with a preesure pad. The switch is right there at my thumb anyway

·
Registered
57 Posts
The UTL from Insight works pretty well on my Fullsize (I didn't want to use an adapter.) but either of those you mentioned is good (better?) equipment. And you can run them on glocks, etc. The GG&G adapter does seem to be the best, and worth the money.

·
Registered
140 Posts
GG&G rail w/Suefire X300 or X200b. IMHO Surefire makes a superior product but it comes with a superior price. Surefire rail is excellent but more expensive for some reason than the GG&G.
You really have to tell us a little more about your intentions. Duty carry, concealed carry, home defense etc.? When you use a rail adapter w/light your holster options drop dramaticaly. Let us know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using this gun and light strictly for home defence. I've pretty much narrowed down my choices between the Streamlight and Surefire. I don't mind paying the price for the Surefire since it's a great product and I've heard all good about the Streamlight.

Just trying to get an idea of what each one has to offer before I make the purchase.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My personal recommendation is to stick with LED models and shy away from halogen units. You'll avoid the problem of bulb burn out at the most inconvenient moment and the LEDs tend to be a brighter consistent illumination.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I am trying to learn to post pictures, this is my first attempt. Also to respond to your post, I really like the TLR-2 and the GG&G mount. HERE GOES!

I was trying to post the actual picture, maybe someday I will figure this out.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am very happy with the Streamlight TLR. It is the best light for the money.

·
Registered
851 Posts

I am trying to learn to post pictures, this is my first attempt. Also to respond to your post, I really like the TLR-2 and the GG&G mount. HERE GOES!

I was trying to post the actual picture, maybe someday I will figure this out.
Nice pics. I too have the TLR-2 and I agree with Mark71 it is one of the nicer units out there for the money.

What configuration are you running on your MMC night sights? They look really sleek on the Compact.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My personal recommendation is to stick with LED models and shy away from halogen units. You'll avoid the problem of bulb burn out at the most inconvenient moment and the LEDs tend to be a brighter consistent illumination.
Very good point ironchef. Battery life is much better also. Of course you might not use that much.

And yes that GG&G adapter is for a compact. I used it for the picture. I now have the Surefire adapter. The Surefire adapter actually fits right up to the frame. The GG&G had a tiny gap. Saving for the X300 to augment the X200a.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice pics. I too have the TLR-2 and I agree with Mark71 it is one of the nicer units out there for the money.

What configuration are you running on your MMC night sights? They look really sleek on the Compact.
These are the adjustable MMC sights, they were the non-tritium white dot when they were new. I sent them to MMC and they drilled them out and installed green dot tritium for half the price of new, very nice job!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Surefire!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will say that I thought long and hard about the TLR-1 and the x300. I really just preferred the x300 in terms of the way it fit, the design of the switches,etc and I am more than happy with the 110 lumen LED. I think I could have been happy with the TLR-1, but I just really liked the x300 that much better to justify the extra $100 it cost me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
While LED lights are better in many respects, nothing seems to fit the gun quite as nicely as the m2. It just looks so great on the gun

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use a streamlight M3X. 125 lumin and 1hr run time. Shock proof and water proof. Very bright light! This has helped me take many a raccoon :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be going out this week to check out the Streamlights and the Surefires in the stores. I'll post pics once I get one.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
I use a streamlight M3X. 125 lumin and 1hr run time. Shock proof and water proof. Very bright light! This has helped me take many a raccoon :D
Hahahahaha! Raccoon(s)?!?! I've always wanted to take a pigeon with my non-tactical USP 45. LOL

As for the light, I think you should go for either the TLR-2 ot M6X if you choose to go the light/laser route. I'm more partial to the TLR-2 because you can tighten the unit to the rail via the thumb screw. My M6X is starting to have a little play in it.

As for the rail, Surefire and GG&G are pretty much the same thing. But the GG&G is a little cheaper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts