HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
911TT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the dimensions for the barrel threads of the Tactical? The folks at Auto Burst said they would make a muzzle break for the Tact if they had the dimensions. Anyone with experiences good or bad with one of these? They are more reasonably priced than others I have seen.

I think they will even give a group discount if anyone is interested.

http://www.autoburst.net/MK23.html

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
The threads on the Tactical barrel are 16x1mm left hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
or you can use one of our vortex flash suppressors
not only tightens groups, but tames muzzle flip by 50% on the tactical 45

full description at
http://www.ccfa.com/flash.htm

the web is not upto date on one characteristic
they now have a O ring in the female threaded socket to help keep them from unscrewing

and they're satisfaction guaranteed
if they don't perform, just return

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
And Larry is not BSing you about it tightening group size. The FS cut the group's size on the USP9SD by half of what it was shooting without it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check with Larry at CCF in the post above, he's been selling the Vortex Flash Suppressor for the USP Tactical for several years now. It was the first accessory that I added to my Tactical, and it works as advertised.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hkduder, Count me in on the "group" buy if you can pull it off. $50 for a vortex accurizer'd be tough to beat...IF it works as advertised. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

FWIW, at one point in time I had a flash suppressor from CCF. It was the lighter (and more expensive) titanium model, and it DID work as advertised. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got a CCF vortex - they are great. The only problem with them is they don't stay tight on the barrel. You must use a small screw (included) that tightens the vortex onto the barrel. After a few shots the screw gets loose and you've got to keep tightening it/monitoring it. The screw is really small and is easy to loose.
Having said that, it's worth the money and is effective. If anything, the extra weight on the end of the barrel acts as a compensator for follow up shots.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That was the old model. The new ones use an o-ring to keep them in place, and that it does very well.

·
911TT
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the great info. I have forwarded the dimensions to them. I will contact the folks expressing interests in a group buy if I can pull it off.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Out of curiousity, why doesnt either designer spiral the slots so the gases automatically tighten the suppressor everytime it's shot? That way it never gets loose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any chance of getting your USP barrels in a black finish so my USP wouldn't look so gaudy with a silver looking stainelss barrel? Also, what's the status on the Vortex accurizers? Do you have them in stock for a USP-45 Tactical? Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
uglygoat

we spiraled them both ways and had no effect on unscrewing
the vibrations going thru the system when ignition occurs is real high freq and the heat expansion - flash expands faster than bbl as it has higher or greater heat exchange surface area than bbl, so it expands faster than bbl and unscrews from the vibration

the O ring seems to have finally put that problem to bed

USMC - yes they are are usually in stock, and are right now

for a black finish you can order some spray moly deblum (teflon) spray coat from Brownells that works pretty well

·
Registered
3 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
for a black finish you can order some spray moly deblum (teflon) spray coat from Brownells that works pretty well

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry-

How does the moly spray finish hold up to wear?

Thanks,
Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts