HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people put a pen, etc on the trigger when taking a picture? Is it used to just prop it up at a angle? And why do some people put there cell phones, keys, watch, etc when taking picture of their guns? Are they showing what they put on their night stand if something goes down? I can see why the knife and flash light but why that?

Sorry just was always curious.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The pen is to prop the gun up. The newer HK's with the angled slide don't sit flat for pictures, so you have to do something. When I take a pic of mine, I actually crumple a tiny bit of tissue behind it to keep the gun laying flat. As for the other stuff, it is just more to make a better picture. When I "unload" for the day, my gun ends up next to my watch, wallet, keys, sun glasses, whatever. "capturing" the HK how it is used is something that adds a nice touch. Otherwise you may as well just look at HK-USA pics over and over.

As for the watches, many of us collect fine watches as well as firearms, so you just tend to get both. :)

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Let's not forget the way over used passport.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
But without the passport and Omega, you don't look like a "secret agent".... :)

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh it's like your personality or interest. Lol at the passport. I even saw one with brass knuckles, which made me think it was their things they grab if SHTF or people is trying to give that Bourne vibe lol. I yet to see a picture with different currency, passports, etc in a small locked case. Please post if there is one lol

·
Registered
788 Posts
Why do people put a pen, etc on the trigger when taking a picture? Is it used to just prop it up at a angle? And why do some people put there cell phones, keys, watch, etc when taking picture of their guns? Are they showing what they put on their night stand if something goes down? I can see why the knife and flash light but why that?

Sorry just was always curious.
Also need to make it not so boring. I mainly shoot outdoors because the light is so much better. It is hard to get good light indoors without lamps.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
OK, you got me on this one. Why the books? :wink:
Well believe it or not I was reading them but I thought that particular Louis LaMour novel fit perfectly with arming up the Mrs better. It was made into a movie starring a gal nearly as pretty as her and the lead male actor is one of her favorites

1 - 20 of 21 Posts