HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been eying a USP tactical .45 for some time now, I don't see very many and they are pretty expensive compared to avarage handguns so I have put off buying one. I already have plenty of handguns but I really want an accurate, suppressor ready .45

I have already purchased 4 12rd and 3 10rd HK .45 mags as I found a deal on them at a show. I payed around $110 for the lot of them and all are unfired :D

Then low and behold a little shop in a slow area outside of town has a very nice HK tactical with a black frame for $850 with 3 12rd mags and I'm pretty sure they would move a little on the price.

Problem remains I have never fired a USP, and it is hard to justify laying down that much cash for one gun when I could have 2-4 other guns.

On the range how would the USP .45 Tactical compare to my Glock 21? Trigger? recoil?

Has anyone used one with a sound suppressor? (please no lectures on these, I understand and follow NFA laws)

What is a good model of suppressor to buy for it? IIRC HK says to use a B&T or a ??? (Cheap is always nice but if I need to dig deep I will, I want something that will work well and last long, long time)

Is there another HK or another brand that would be better? I want a full sized suppressor ready gun, NOT a $ocom (too big) but maybe a usp tactical in .40 or 9mm

PP (lurker)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I already have plenty of handguns but I really want an accurate, suppressor ready .45
Well, I'll make it easy for you...the USP Tactical is THE choice for the criteria you've listed.

Compared to the Glock....its slimmer in the frame, both feel like bricks, but the USP isnt as bad. The trigger pull is a little different, so it might take some getting used to. Trigger pull is usually the one complaint I hear about USP's. It's not bad, just....different. The bore axis is higher than the Glock, but I'd say it still has less muzzle rise. I bought a USP .45 without having ever even held one, only a 9mm, let alone shooting it. I was taking a big gamble but I love it. If you like the Glock you will certainly like the USP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought one back in July and love it, ordered a SWR HEMS2 suppressor two weeks ago and hopefully will have it by Christmas or earlier. Shot it yesterday and shot much better than my USP9F. Get it and don't look back!

·
Registered
851 Posts
The USP Tactical 45 was my very first HK and pretty much sealed the deal for me. I love shooting this gun and everytime I go to the range, I become more and more proficent with it. You can throw on a suppressor for fun or a factory match weight with a threaded barrel extension and you have a match clone.

Get the Tactical, I'm sure that you will be very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I would ask Cooler about the sound supresser. I have an USP HKf 45tach with the match grade trigger. They all come with one. I can assure you will not regret owning one. I have had mine for 3+ years and I just love it more and more.

The weapon is of such quality and dependabilty that it has itn reputation. You have been a member here for a while, how many in 45 have you seen for sale?? Not too many unless that is the seller's business. They are truly that great of weapon. You can call the Glock a gun, you can call the sig a gun, but when it comes to combat quality of a firearm you will not find any better weapon than the USPf 45 Tach. It will never let you down... TJ

·
Registered
158 Posts
I use one for a duty gun and love it. Much better than a Glock 21, more accurate and a much better platform for a suppressor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love my Tactical. The match trigger is nice, but it will take a little getting used to if you've been shooting a Glock. I like the way it points, no funky grip angle to screw with you.

As far as suppressors are concerned, don't kid yourself, it's not going to be Hollywood quiet. If you're looking for a suppressor platform a 9mm is going to sound a lot cooler. That being said, it's still a blast to shoot. HK warranties the pistol with B&T and KAC cans. The KAC is expensive, and the B&T are harder to find usually. HK won't know what suppressor you're using. Personally I would go with the SWR HEMS-II or AAC Evo-45. Both are excellent suppressors and very reliable, and don't cost as much as the KAC does. Stay away from the Blackside, I made that mistake. Ok can, very unreliable after a low round count.

·
Registered
887 Posts
A subsonic 9mm is a better round for suppressor use if that's all you're looking for. The HK .45 Tactical though is a great pistol. It's one worth owning and from the sounds of it you have found one at a good price, if it's in good shape. Be sure to get a thread protector for the barrel when a can, or flash suppressor are not in use. I've had mine for three years now and enjoy it to the max.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the standard USP45 and a G21SF. Recoil is very different between the two. Neither is bad, just different. My split times are the same between them, so time back on target is the same for both. Trigger on the USP in SA is lighter than the G21SF, but the reset is longer, so you may end up short stroking it at first until you get used to it. Accuracy is a wash between them once you get used to the grip and trigger. I've had a ton of guns over the years. I now only have my USP45, my G21SF, and my S&W1911. So I'd say get the Tactical as it will be a great companion to your G21. Nice price too.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Problem remains I have never fired a USP, and it is hard to justify laying down that much cash for one gun when I could have 2-4 other guns.
2-4 guns? Ok, so two Glocks or 4 something else? Do you think a $200 dollar weapon will have the quality that the HK will? I'm sorry. But NO! You get what you pay for and when it comes to a weapon thats very true. I'm sure that 90% + members who have a Tactical here love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts