HKPRO Forums banner

Talk me out of a USP Tactical .45

6K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  Preus 
#1 ·
No matter what, every time i see a listing on any gun forum about a USP tactical I have to click it with some genuine interest. The thing is, I don't know if I need it...or whether I'm asking the right people on here ;)

I already own the mark 23, I own the USPc 45, and i have the HK45. All of which are terrific weapons. If you were in my situation, would you be able to justify purchasing a USP tactical? What can it bring to the table that these other HKs don't have? I'm needing some leverage whether i should retire the thought of getting the USP tac once and for all. I have been battling this demon for quite some time now.

#2 ·
I can't talk you out of it, I'd say just grab one. It's my first pistol and my absolute favorite. I have the USP CT as well, but still plan on getting a Mark 23 in the future... just because. The Tactical model has a great trigger imo and just feels right in my hands, especially when shooting suppressed. Its been on your mind for a while now, grab yourself one and never look back.

#5 ·
^ This. You came to the WRONG place to be talked out of buying one of HK's finest handguns. It is an amazing handgun, a bit smaller than the Mark 23, but every bit as capable. My GF ended up shooting my USPT so much, I bought her one for herself. It's her favorite handgun.

I prefer the LNIC old ones with the soft cases and stuff, but you cannot go wrong either way. Keep us posted! Good luck!

#11 ·
I own three and used to own 5 USPT's. why so many? Because of everything the gun offers over others. Improved trigger, adjustable sights, longer barrel, suppressable, great looking and feeling gun in general. And sometimes if you play your cards right you get a cool tactical case.

#17 ·
Depends what you want to do with it and if you want redundancy.
But your current pistols mean you don't really have magazine compatibility between any of them except the Hk45 and USPc but that's only one way compatibility.
A USP full size would mean you need to buy additional mags that don't fit the other guns.
Do you have a suppressor for the Mk23?

#22 ·
Looks like I'm going to have/need to get it. I just didn't want to feel bad and I feel much better now that I'm being true to myself. You guys have rooted my inner self out, I cannot live this lie anymore. Will post pics when I pick one up, HK Therapy group session done!

Not yet, it's in the works but I feel that it's definitely needed to fully appreciate this beast.

#21 ·
what are your intentions for this weapon ? i collect and invest . i like to buy each manufacturer's benchmark weapon/weapons . i need 3 more H&K models to complete my 45 collection, USPct, USP expert and the mark 23 . i own 6, my fav and EDC is the USPc, my least fav is the HK45ct (hate the p2000 grip) . i have 5) V1 and 1) V3 . i CCW, EDC, OC and home SD one weapon platform, the H&K line of 45's, they are my go to sidearms . as for the rest of my sidearms, just safe queens and range/target sidearms . the USP tactical is H&K's benchmark of 45's . it won't disappoint !

#27 ·
Have you shot one lately? Hook up with someone off the forum nearby and do a range comparison....

My only issues is that begets a lot of magazines to keep up with;
I like to have plenty of mags for whatever guns I plan to shoot with any frequency (I have some oddballs with 1-2 mags)

One thing is you can use the MK23 mags in the USPT .45; I grabbed a USPT a few months back; they were out of magazines at the Wholesaler I was ordering from; So I went ahead and got MK23 mags
Worse case I can easily swap or buy baseplates if I don't get a MK23 again (sold mine years ago)

I strive for simplicity with guns, I wish I was the guy that could settle on one platform and limit my calibers; but I can't do it;
I went thru a glock phase, sold off a lot of guns to be streamlined with one platform; then I became less excited about strike fired guns and gravitated back to HK

#29 ·
The only reason to get a USP if you have the Mark 23 is if you like the fact that the mark 23 mags work in the USP .45 and if you have the KAC Mark 23 supressor, it works with the USP also, assuming you have the USP booster.

Also sometimes because of the set screw in the trigger, if you shoot the trigger too slow it can not shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.