HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use the Talon tape on their VP ? I've noticed that when I'm doing speed drills on the plate rack that the gun gets a little loose towards the six plate .
Yeah I know . " Just grip it harder".馃槈

Registered
I don't have a VP9 but have Talon rubber grip decals on every polymer handgun I own. Adds just enough extra texture without adding any bulk and still looks great. Highly recommend them to anyone who wants more grip. Never tried the granulated version but don't think I'd like it that gritty and rough. Especially for a carry gun.

Registered
I've used the Grit for 2 competitions now and I like it. The only downside I've found is if you use a fleece-lined pistol bag, it's virtually impossible to get the thing out of there as the Grit acts like velcro against the fleece. Also, if you're carrying it in a competition holster, it literally rubs your forearm raw as it brushes against the grip all day long. Still worth it I think since it gives you a level control, especially with sweaty hands, that you just can't get with the stock textured polymer grips.
FullSizeRender 40.jpg

Registered
i have the hogue slip on grip for my HK45ct (meh) and the rubber decal grip for my USP 45 tac. i really like the rubber decal grip on my USP, $12 from hk parts net . i did notice on their website hk has VP9 medium stippling panels for sale . the rubber decal grips make a big difference down here in the south when the heat index is 115 .

Registered
I just put Talons (rubber) on my VP9, but not have been to the range with it yet. I also have them on my PPQs, 9 and 45, and love the hell out of them. 20 bucks well spent in my book..................FWIW

Registered
I have the rubber talons on all my pistols. I think they really improve the gripping capabilities. And are easier on the hands. Here's my VP9 with the Talon Grips.

VP9-1.jpg

Registered
I have the grit Talons on 2 guns, my HK P30SK and a 9mm Shield. I love them. Like any sandpaper type product, they lose some sharpness over time. I have carried both guns (not at the same time) without any problem.

Registered
Love my Talons, have them on all my pistols, I only use the rubber ones.

On one of my VP9s, has 10500 rounds through it, still stuck like the day I put them on.

My 'secret' is to thoroughly clean with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol everywhere the Talon will touch the firearm. Then I meticulously place the grip on, tuck the finger strips under the main body of the Talon. I squeeze hard several times, then 3 rounds with hair dryer to heat up and set glue. I squeeze the grip between each one, so hard you can see the HK grip pattern under the Talon. Let cool, and good to go.

I did also find removal is really easy, just heat up a touch, peel off, very little adhesive remains, and that which does I just use rubbing alcohol to remove.

Registered
Talons didn't work for me.. I went on and did a stipple job and I'm happy with the way that turned out. I have had a lot of people say that it looks great.

Registered
Sorry, already replied to this thread...it's late.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts