HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I ran across this article a moment ago on the multi-colored USP's. Thought you all might like to read it. Enjoy. Those grey ones are pretty uncommon aren't they! I didn't realise they were actually factory produced until recently.

Anyway, sorry if this article has already been posted. I enjoyed it.

LINK TO ARTICLE:
HK's New Pistol Look - Handguns

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
There are a few members with those in their collection. Wicked awesome

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
I love the color frames, especially Green. Same number were made of each color/model ... 500 of each.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
As far as I know frogman has the best looking collection of colored HK's. :wink:
Thanks for sharing, william.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 45 Custom Combat. I'll probably add a OD frame if I can find one for a decent price.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11Bravo: That's awesome. I love the desert tan. Makes that black slide look really dark and crisp. Same with the black controls.. they REALLY POP!. I think if i can find a USPf .45 in tan i'll get it on the spot.

TooSixy- You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed reading this!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
What's up with the author's MK23 hate? And where does he get off saying that a 1911 would have worked for the DOD contract the MK23 got. I'm pretty sure one of the requirements was the gun had to be DA/SA.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
11Bravo: That's awesome. I love the desert tan. Makes that black slide look really dark and crisp. Same with the black controls.. they REALLY POP!. I think if i can find a USPf .45 in tan i'll get it on the spot.
+1. I love the black slide on Desert Tan frame. Very classy.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Plus your getting 4 more rounds per mag to fire downrange with the USP too!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That author was sure giving the pistols a lot of backhanded complements, IMO. He seemed a little bias from the begninning.

Anyway, I am a big FDE fan so my FDE Custom Combat will be with me forever. :D Anyone know how many of those were made? (I realize only 500 of each color, but didn't know if that includes "custom" USPs too, or the 500 was "regular" USPs and the "customs" were extra.)

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I'll be the first to admin I hated the Mark 23 when I first got it. Stuck with it for a few weeks and now I love it. It's my favorite gun, and best shooting gun I own. As far as the colored frames, I'd love to have a gray one.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
USP/MK23>1911! I like 1911's too. But like my HK more. They only made a colored tan version of the MK23 right? No OD or Grey?

·
Registered
765 Posts
What's up with the author's MK23 hate? And where does he get off saying that a 1911 would have worked for the DOD contract the MK23 got. I'm pretty sure one of the requirements was the gun had to be DA/SA.
If it was the Offensive Handgun Weapon System (OHWS) contract, the colt might have worked, but didn't win. The Mk23/SoCom is overengineered to the point of rediculousness. The colt offering would have required more frequent parts replacement, including barrel replacement, than the Mk23.
As I understand it, the contract specified being able to handle a significantly higher chamber pressure. There's a particularly hot load (it's been referred to as 230gr +P+, but there is not standard for +P+) in the inventory that specifies it is not to be used in anything but the SoCom pistol. I've heard rumor that it contains a nickel core and is able to penetrate ship bulkheads. Civilian Mk23 actually has a different chamber spec than the SoCom pistol.

·
Registered
61 Posts

TooSixy- You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed reading this!
Thanks. Looks even better with grip tape.

Gunbroker usually has a few tan framed USP 45s, but the prices are pretty high.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I already looked. There was one on there a few days ago but looks like somebody got it. Keep checking. One will pop up eventually.

If HK sold the HK45 in the coyote brown frame, I would buy two of them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts