HKPRO Forums banner
8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  firewire 
#1 ·
Here are a few pics of the new Dedicated Tavor 9mm rifles that just arrived . IWI US, Inc Tavor Dedicated 9mm Semi-automatic Black Bullpup 1 Mag 32Rd, Adjustable Sights TSB17-9

Bullpup configuration; short rifle convenience w/long rifle accuracy. Optimized ergonomic design. Long stroke piston operation. High strength impact modified polymer body with Detachable, cold hammer forged, chrome lined CrMoV steel barrel . 100% ambidextrous configuration & operation w/optional left hand bolts. Integral folding adjustable BUIS (backup sights) w/Tritium front post . Integral ambidextrous front & rear quick detachable sling swivel receptacles w/push button swivels . Simple field stripping into sub-assemblies . Mil-Std 100% interchangeability of all Tavor® SAR parts. All metal parts are corrosion resistance treated . Integral rubber recoil pad

Tavor SAR B17 9mm Rifle Click Here

See less See more
G
#7 ·
I'd grab one in 5.56 if you were interested in one and then grab up the 9mm conversion kit. Atlantic arms sells them for 730-750 last time I checked but don't quote me on that. I've not seen any .223/5.56 conversion kits but they could be out there.

#8 · (Edited)
The Colt mags work very well. Even does bolt hold after last round. It is very, very, accurate, and is threaded for a suppressor. 147g bullets are almost silent. It will feed any type of ammo including HP. The 115g WWB are very accurate. My Colt prefers 124g NATO, but they are not as accurate in the Tavor. The kit is very easy to install, and is rock solid. I am going to buy a second Tavor for .223, so both are available.
The 9mm OAL is less than my MP5 with stock extended, and you have a 16" barrel.

The 9mm Tavor does not get as dirty as my 9mm Colt, which is filthy after 200 rounds.

#9 ·
Whats the general consensus of a 9mm bullpup vs pistol semi-auto smg such as the MP5 (Clones), CZ Scorpion Evo 3, MPX, etc...

Assuming the Sig Brace is declared a no no, for a fun range toy, is the Tavor 9mm a good option or are the semi-auto smg's still more fun? Accuracy of a bullpup is likely greater, but the smaller size and sbr ability of the semi-auto smg has some allure to it even if you have to forgo the sbr option for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.