1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
according to IMFDB, MK23, which is my belief as well

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My sister asked my bro-in-law (west coast SEAL) what would you do if that were me? (Basically if she was the doctor and refusing to get on the bird unless they helped those people)

"I'd punch you in the face, throw you in the helo, and get my guys the hell out of there."

·
Registered
264 Posts
Now I must watch it again!

My chief and I had a signal we used when some one was annoying us that was inspired by tears of the sun. It involved holding an imaginary gun in front of our face, threading on an imaginary suppressor.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I have seen the movie many times and it one of my favorite war movie, So much sacrifice. Asking his men for the Impossible.
I'd throw in the Dr and fly my guys out of Africa. Maybe give them some Arms so they can defend themselves. But i guess there was so much women and Children dying and it got to willis.

The gun on the scene is definitely a MK23. Great movie though a lot of people never appreciated it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great movie though a lot of people never appreciated it.
Personally, I thought the movie was pretty silly, but...

The majority of the helicopter scenes were shot using helos from my first squadron. I didn't fly in the scenes, but several friends did. I deployed with one of the helicopters used at the end and even two years after the movie was shot, we were still cleaning out the red dirt when we'd tear down the bird for maintenance.

During the shooting of those scenes, we were allowed on set and able to explore some of the areas where they were shooting, including the "African village" that was burned. There were "dead" bodies everywhere and even up close, it looked pretty well done. That village was also the same "African village" that Noah Wiley's character visited in the show ER.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Personally, I thought the movie was pretty silly, but...

The majority of the helicopter scenes were shot using helos from my first squadron. I didn't fly in the scenes, but several friends did. I deployed with one of the helicopters used at the end and even two years after the movie was shot, we were still cleaning out the red dirt when we'd tear down the bird for maintenance.

During the shooting of those scenes, we were allowed on set and able to explore some of the areas where they were shooting, including the "African village" that was burned. There were "dead" bodies everywhere and even up close, it looked pretty well done. That village was also the same "African village" that Noah Wiley's character visited in the show ER.
Wow, i feel like shaking you hands right now and if i ever get to do that i promise not to wash that hand or shake anyone else.

Yes, a soldier knows his mission and execute orders without emotion...But i thought they saw all the senseless killings or women and children and it hurt them, they knew they would die attempting to rescue those people and they did it anyway. Who chooses who to rescue and who to leave behind to die ? The movie shows that Africa is Africa's problem, A continent bless with Gold, diamonds, Crude, and so many radioactive minerals, sun, land, and yet they suffer. it makes no sense.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
i enjoyed the movie when i first came out bec of the mk23...period. then i must have seen it again a few more times...:)

·
Registered
34,563 Posts
MK23's. Also check out Bruce Willis's backwards mounted Aimpoint M2.
For authenticity, one would think that they would have used the Insight ILLM Model 100 (or AN/PEQ-6), manufactured 2002-2003!!! :wink:

Tony

1 - 20 of 22 Posts