HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is something that you don't see everyday. This USP 40 slide was refinished with Telflon Moltcoat.
I wonder how this compares to Robar's NP3 finish. This is the first time I've seen this finish.

Btw, it is on GunBroker and the seller also has another one in a darker color. Also, both have the JS stamp on the slide, if anyone is interested. :wink:

I am not the seller, btw.

HK USP .40 Jet Funnel Desert Tan : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
HK USP .40 Jet Funnel Dark Earth : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
596 Posts
Those are sexay

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks nice! My experience has been that, real deal plating jobs aside (chrome, NP3, NiB etc.), the painted coatings don't ever seem to be as durable over the long haul when compared to the original factory finishes. If the gun needed a refinish, then there's nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't advise applying any type of painted coating onto a gun in VG+ condition. That said, I don't have any experience with the long term wear characteristics of Cerakote, but I'd love to hear more about it.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I suspect the seller intended to say Teflon Molycoat?

TEFLON/MOLY OVEN CURE, GUN FINISH - Brownells

The key with these is following the prep instructions. For this it's "Degrease, abraid, warm, paint, cure" IF it does what they claim I suspect it will be a pretty strong coating for a spray-can job. If I ever get around to buying a Mosin Nagant I'll try this out.

-Sean

-Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts