HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weapon does not have any markings on the right side of the mag well

Top of the receiver:
HK MP5 6XXXX 9/78 (the X's are actually digits)

Side of the mag well:
Kal.9x19mm

The foregrip is the textured "hobnail" type.

The trigger group is a push pin swing down SEF lower. It is embossed with a date (7/2/77). The right side is stamped :
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY
GENESEO, ILLINOIS

The bolt carrier is correctly HK marked and just about everything has dates embossed.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I remember from a long time ago that Springfield Armory imported some guns and sold them to law enforcement agencies. Of course these were post samples. I see them appear in discussion threads every so often.

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one is dated (not coded, but dated) in 78. Wouldn't that make it a pre-sample?

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely made in 78 and has pre-sample status. I was curious about the receiver since, other than the HK marking on top, there's nothing to indicate the manufacturer or importer.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Sounds good.

The ones I remember were advertised in the Shotgun News and that was in the very late 80's or early 90's. Seems like a long time ago now!

:D

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to get some pics up later today. In the mean time, here's a pic of a trigger group on Adam Webber's site that is identical to the one that I have:

I was as surprised as anyone to know that Springfield imported anything HK!

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As it turns out, I was looking at the wrong paperwork. Although the parts are, indeed, stamped with a 78 date, this weapon was imported by Springfield as a post sample. The part that has me scratching my head is the lack of an import mark on the receiver!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Any importer or mfg of an MG/SBR can mark the lower with the mfg/importer name. I just get a kick out of these guys that mark thier SBR H&K 94/MP5 clones and ruin the receiver by engraving their name and address on the side of the gun!
I pass on every one of these I see for sale. Obviously, they got some bad info. on how to do it correctly.

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I know why the Pro is the Pro! I've got the 411 (I'm so hip) on the weapon. It was imported by Springfield Armory for police demo/use. The frame is, indeed, made by the good ole folks from der fatherland, but cannot be worked on by them. As previously mentioned in this thread, only the lowers need(ed) to be marked by the importer, so the Springfield engraving on the lower is it.

So... if I put a different trigger pack on it, there will be no import mark at all. How about that?!

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not worried about it being a postie. I'll get all the use out of it that I want and will be able to eventually get a pre or a full later in the future (when fundage is more, ahem, appropriate! Right now, I'll enjoy the fact that I am the officer of class 3 and manufacturer and just demo it regularly. Heck, that's what I'm being paid to do!

The thing runs like a top...

·
11,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And not meaning to hijack my own thread... but I know of a weapon for sale called a Mark 23... In the Euro hard case, appears to only have been proof fired... and no import marks. It's pricey at $2500, but I'm beginning to get the impression that the no import mark thing may be kind of desirable...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have 2 European H&K pistols brought back from Germany;
and H&K Tactical and a MK 23 both without H&K USA import marks and EU patent numbers instead id US patent office numbers.
I've shot them both and enjoy them. I have the 2 guns at a local gunshow and a guy asked to look at the suppressor on the Tactical, which is a Knights I was selling, he asked if I would sell the pistol, but I declined and I showed him the other Mk23, and he was really hot to buy it, buy again, these are my personal weapons.
These were brought back legally thru the German gun club on the US base there, by a friend that was a Major in US Special Forces. Because of that, and his being a friend, I won't sell them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It was a military surplus gun bought and imported by Springfield, never intended to go to the US so HK never put the marking we require.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Please tell.....

Any importer or mfg of an MG/SBR can mark the lower with the mfg/importer name. I just get a kick out of these guys that mark thier SBR H&K 94/MP5 clones and ruin the receiver by engraving their name and address on the side of the gun!
I pass on every one of these I see for sale. Obviously, they got some bad info. on how to do it correctly.
Please tell us how to so it correctly. There are a lot of us here that would like to know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have an old swat magazine that advertises this very gun. It was imported by springfield as a factory gone over refurb. It was sold with the full stock, leather mag holder and 6 mags. The unique thing about this gun was that the saftey pin had to be pushed to one side in order to go from semi auto to full auto. It was advertised as a safegaurd from going to full auto by mistake. I believe the magazine was from 1989. A really cool article.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts