HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Carrera's awesome video's and some helpful info from Twosixy, I converted my V1 USP to the LEM/Match Hybrid last night. Most of the conversion was pretty easy, though installing the TRS was %^$#@&*&^$^%$##&*((((&^%$$^^$##$())*%^&*_+)(%!! I finally figured a way to hold the trigger forward, insert the trigger axle, keep both ends of the spring where they needed to be, and line everything up. Thank goodness for baker's toothpicks.

Orginally I just converted to LEM as I forgot to order the Match hammer spring and the Match trigger return spring which is out of stock. I ordered the first, and was told by Travis at HK when I called for an eta on the Match TRS, that the P2000 light TRS, which I had, was actually what I wanted. He said that's what he used when he created the combo.

Took it to the range today and shot two boxes of ammo with no issues.

·
Registered
74 Posts
And....

Come on Man you just cant say that you installed it without some sort of feed back, review, opinion, or something. I'm an addict, I need my review fix. Hook a brother up will ya?

JP

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just completed converting my Tactiical to LEM....makes a nice trigger.

Regarding the TRS........my wife said it was painful to watch me changing it. Who ever said it's a 2 minute job is full of it!

Videos are priceless for this conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

Regarding the TRS........my wife said it was painful to watch me changing it. Who ever said it's a 2 minute job is full of it!

Why did you change the TRS? The tactical already has the match TRS.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts

With a vise and a needle-point pliers, I can change it in 12 seconds. Sometimes less.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was thinking about doing this for the USP 45 tacticals I have....

So do I just install the LEM kit...?

I think I'm going to need some more LEM kits... hehhehe

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I was thinking about doing this for the USP 45 tacticals I have....

So do I just install the LEM kit...?

I think I'm going to need some more LEM kits... hehhehe
Just the LEM kit. Clean and lube the hammer parts while you're at it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a vise and a needle-point pliers, I can change it in 12 seconds. Sometimes less.
Hah! Maybe it's because I don't have a vice. Once I figured out my own trick, it took a couple of minutes. It took a couple of hours of trying until then.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And....

Come on Man you just cant say that you installed it without some sort of feed back, review, opinion, or something. I'm an addict, I need my review fix. Hook a brother up will ya?

JP
I like it much better than my V1. I'm not sure how much difference the match hammer spring made, but with the light trs, the reset was much crisper than the plain LEM with the stock trs. The nickel plated flat did something, not sure what, but overall it has a smoother pull too. Don't know if I really needed the match hammer as the travel stop is not adjusted to do anything right now and I don't seem to have any over travel anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
How hard was it to change the trigger itself? Other than dealing with the trs of course.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How hard was it to change the trigger itself? Other than dealing with the trs of course.
That was easy. Just use a punch to push out the trigger axle, maneuver the new one in, and replace axle.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Hah! Maybe it's because I don't have a vice. Once I figured out my own trick, it took a couple of minutes. It took a couple of hours of trying until then.
The trick is to stuff a paper towel rolled up behind the trigger to push and keep it all the way forward. And a vise to keep the frame stationary, without needing a 3rd hand. :wink:

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Where is this video? And is there anything I can do to a bone stock HK45 V1 trigger without going LEM?
You can't do much, since it already came with the Match flat spring, Match hammer spring, and you can't put a Match trigger with the overtravel stop screw in the HK45 trigger guard (without modifications to the Match trigger or the original trigger itself). The stop screw is 1/2 of what makes the trigger a thing of beauty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts