HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're proud to release the first half of the 2017 Training Schedule.

Listed below, these open enrollment courses are being offered at our primary host location at Frontline Defense in Warrenton, North Carolina, as well as trips to Colorado and Michigan. The latter being an exciting project still in the works and sponsored by Dakota Tactical.

We're constantly improving our programs and have found that three days of training allow for most "bang for your buck" and a thorough amount of progressive fundamental drills that lead to assimilation and major performance gains. Though we are also offering a one day pistol course, you will otherwise see three day courses that combine pistol and sub-machinegun or pistol and rifle.

For those who may be wondering about the difference between the "Operator" and "Advanced Operator" titles, this mainly relates to the "Operator" course focusing more on the newer shooter, individually-focused, with limited Armorer training, while the "Advanced" course builds into teams and also includes low light/no light and vehicle training, though limited Armorer training can also be incorporated.

Though all these course have a heavy background and focus on Heckler and Koch weapons, these are not a prerequisite, and bringing any reputable and reliable pistol, SMG or rifle is welcome. For the SMG training, a limited number of Heckler and Koch post-sample sub-machineguns are available for rent, on a first come first serve basis.

For further information, or to enroll, please contact me through my website, Home

4 February 2017: Advanced Pistol Operator Course
-Warrenton, NC (hosted by Frontline Defense)

17-19 February 2017: Pistol/SMG Operator Course

10-12 March 2017: Advanced Pistol/Rifle Operator Course

19-20 April 2017: MP5/UMP Operator Course (LE Only)
-Durham, NC

16-18 June 2017: Advanced Pistol/SMG Operator Course
-Albion, MI (hosted by Spectical Lake Outdoor Club and sponsored by Dakota Tactical)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Awesome! Tentatively, looks like I'll be seeing you in March for Rifle (Frontline) and in May for SMG (Estes Park).

I'll likely be bringing someone with me in May.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Will have to see, might be able to do the February class, more likely second half of the year, which is OK, is worth the wait!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gents, Feel free to reach out to james and I if you have any ?'s. Hope to see you in a course soon. Thx, Ben

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Shoot, now I gotta get the wife a real good (read expensive) xmas gift so I can attend the March Advancd Rifle course.

Curse the two of you for giving me what I asked for!!! :biggrin:

Can't wait. I'll sign up as soon as I get my permission slip/hall pass.

UPDATE: have the hall pass, I'm in for March Pistol/Rifle course.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,333 Posts
I like the new 3 day format. It's the way to go. Look forward to seeing James, Ben and members from the forum this upcoming year.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'll see you in June in Michigan! Once I have the word from my nephew, pretty sure he'll be with me as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am signed up for the Feb4 Advanced Pistol Operator Course in NC. Looks like an excellent, high round count training opportunity!

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,435 Posts
James,

We need to get you up to philly area!

Sean
That might be an idea! We have a fairly good amount of Pro members in PA. Know of any ranges that would accommodate us?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
That might be an idea! We have a fairly good amount of Pro members in PA. Know of any ranges that would accommodate us?
Yeah there are a great deal of people in and around the area. I'm pretty new to the area I'm in and I only know of some local indoor ranges with just pistol booths that can accommodate us 10-15 people. Haven't found a solid place with an open floor plan for course type shooting or outdoor range within quick traveling distance. I have been looking at a place that I've been meaning to check out for matches about 45 min away but I haven't had the time to make it up there yet. But if there are more people that have a more established connection in this area with access to a outdoor or indoor with open floor plan maybe we can make something happen

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Bethlehem Police range is very accommodating, matter of fact lot of big name outfits and trainers have regularly held class there. Count me and a good friend from NY in.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Bethlehem Police range is very accommodating, matter of fact lot of big name outfits and trainers have regularly held class there. Count me and a good friend from NY in.
Good to know. Well maybe we can use that location!

Thanks for the suggestion

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Tag for later

·
Priest of the P7
4,804 Posts
Looking forward to Estes Park in May. If they're getting as much snow as we are, we might still be knee deep. No joke, I just saw a wampa chasing a taun taun out my office window.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
James,

We need to get you up to philly area!

Sean
Just come to bmor and jump in my car for the March Rifle course. It's not very far at all.

"We zip in, we zip out. It's like going to Wisconsin." -Bill Murray to Harold Remus, Stripes-

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the Florida/Altier April course still a possibility? I don't see it listed at all.
It was cancelled, as I was needed to Instruct a course with Haley Strategic during the same timeframe elsewhere in Florida.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Colorado is about as close as you are going to get to my neck of the woods. That would also make a nice graduation gift for one of my sons.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts