HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spend most of my time in Seattle, but have to work in TX for about 6 months...first day today carrying my P30 and holy smokes that stippling is rough! I never noticed it in Seattle because the weather almost always allows for an undershirt, but it's so hot here that it's gun on raw skin. Even with a crossbreed super tuck, a small bit of the grip bit me all day...I can tell you this, its making me look for a p2000 for the grip alone!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I also live in Seattle, but this is irrelavent. My USP on bare skin is killer and left a huge callous that was hard as a rock on my side for a good month. This was after a few hours of open carry with no shirt. The grip is awesome on your palms, but killer on your sides.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do a search here for what Apollo mentioned about being sanding it down. To take the edge off it usually only takes a light swipe, maybe two, of fine sandpaper. Then you can put a dye such as Forever Black on it and it looks as good as new. There's some posts about that on here with a DIY follow-along and pictures.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This is one of the reasons I got a P2000. It's very comfortable to carry IMO.

I personally think the P2000 is essentially the carry version P30 :). I own one in 9mm and one in 40SW and I love them both. If you want an excuse to buy one you have my blessing.:wink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Or maybe wear it differently? I wear my P30L all day long at 6 o'clock IWB and get none of the abrasion others have had problems with.
I carry my P30 the same way here in GA and with our heat and humidity I never have a problem with it digging into my back. The only time I feel the stippling is when I'm in the car and it's pressed against the seat, and I just lift my shirt up and put it between me and the grip, then cover it back up when I get out.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Good advice, I've gotta do something about it but found out today that I can't buy a gun anywhere but WA. Didn't realize that...really pissed me off because I really like that p2000!
I don't know about TX, but a WA resident can buy guns in New Mexico. My wife has bought 3 here and she is a WA resident.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I don't know about TX, but a WA resident can buy guns in New Mexico. My wife has bought 3 here and she is a WA resident.
If she's also a resident of NM she can. Otherwise...uhhhhh.....not handguns! You may want to keep that on the down-low, because federal law says you're not allowed to transfer handguns to a non-resident. NM vs TX vs WA has nothing to do with it, it's a federal law.

Given that we're in the handguns sub-forum, and talking about purchasing a handgun, I'm going to assume you're talking about your wife purchasing handguns.

Long guns are treated differently by law than handguns, and that would be legal.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If she's also a resident of NM she can. Otherwise...uhhhhh.....not handguns! You may want to keep that on the down-low, because federal law says you're not allowed to transfer handguns to a non-resident. NM vs TX vs WA has nothing to do with it, it's a federal law.

Given that we're in the handguns sub-forum, and talking about purchasing a handgun, I'm going to assume you're talking about your wife purchasing handguns.

Long guns are treated differently by law than handguns, and that would be legal.
I didn't even think about the relevance of Handgun vs Long Gun. All the ones she has bought here have been long guns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.