HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a TG36 a few months ago and have finally gotten around to getting an optic for it. What recommendations do people on the forum have? Also interested to hear what height people run their optics.

For additional context I have not done anything to the rifle like switch out the top rail. I bought his standard model, no customizations or additional gear acquired from Tom

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
In my experience, based on the G36 in general, not on the TG36 specifically, the standard G36K/E stock without the cheekpiece is too low, and really only works with the original low polymer G36G rail that has the fixed sights built in with regards to getting a proper check weld. I’ve gone to the G36C stock with the cheekpiece on my G36 clone. The C stock is shorter, but I’ll live with that to get the cheekpiece. The rest of my setup uses the low metal HK rail with the flip up HK sights, and a Gen 1 Vortex Spitfire 3x.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
In my experience, based on the G36 in general, not on the TG36 specifically, the standard G36K/E stock without the cheekpiece is too low, and really only works with the original low polymer G36G rail that has the fixed sights built in with regards to getting a proper check weld. I’ve gone to the G36C stock with the cheekpiece on my G36 clone. The C stock is shorter, but I’ll live with that to get the cheekpiece. The rest of my setup uses the low metal HK rail with the flip up HK sights, and a Gen 1 Vortex Spitfire 3x.
Which rail with the flip-up sights? Been trying to find one.

I've tried a LPVO, iron sights on my SL8 conversion and iron sights and a Falke red dot on my TG36 w/KV stock. I think the KV is the same height as your C with the cheek pad and I agree that without it, it feels low.

I'm curious to try an SRO on one.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Which rail with the flip-up sights? Been trying to find one.

I've tried a LPVO, iron sights on my SL8 conversion and iron sights and a Falke red dot on my TG36 w/KV stock. I think the KV is the same height as your C with the cheek pad and I agree that without it, it feels low.

I'm curious to try an SRO on one.
This is the rail I’m using. I got it a few years ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems most people I have met/talked to run EOTech on the C top rail. But yes if you can find one get the one mentioned above with the flip ups. DO NOT get that B&T version with the flip ups. A guy I know ordered one and was disappointed big time. It is way too high. You need the low rise aluminum. You could get one without the flip ups and just install the Troy flip ups instead. For me I have the split top rail. Knights rear and front and it changes the look of the gun completely. I am using an Aimpoint T2. So far so good but I think I'd like to go back to a low rise top rail.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems most people I have met/talked to run EOTech on the C top rail. But yes if you can find one get the one mentioned above with the flip ups. DO NOT get that B&T version with the flip ups. A guy I know ordered one and was disappointed big time. It is way too high. You need the low rise aluminum. You could get one without the flip ups and just install the Troy flip ups instead. For me I have the split top rail. Knights rear and front and it changes the look of the gun completely. I am using an Aimpoint T2. So far so good but I think I'd like to go back to a low rise top rail.
Thanks - I decided to get a low mount for a Trijicon MRO and see how that works. I have a cowitness too that I can test. If either don't work I have other guns that need optics so it's not a waste of money either way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts