HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this movie last weekend. It was some British movie about some Peace Terrorists. Anyway, they had a number of scenes with MP5s. Thought that was pretty early to see the MP5 being used. Most of the movies in the early 80s focused on Uzis.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
You "just" saw The Final Option.............My God, I am surrounded by heathens. Back in the 80's, that movie was the best thing going. It was based on the SAS storming of the Iranian embassy in London.

Heck, I just watched my BluRay of "Who Dares Wins" (name of the original movie in England) the other day. Great flick.

For more gun goodness, "Way of the Gun" is another must see, and one of the best gun handling movies ever done.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Add to your weapon handling training film list: HEAT with De Niro and Pacino. SAS were uncredited technical advisors on it.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Bad Boys 2 is also a classic.... Love it when Edward Woodward looks at the SAS Chief and says "over to you", great!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok. Now I know "the other guy" that remembers that movie !!! Fun fact = Margaret Thatcher brought that movie to the US on a visit to Reagan -- showed it in the White House.

Saw this movie last weekend. It was some British movie about some Peace Terrorists. Anyway, they had a number of scenes with MP5s. Thought that was pretty early to see the MP5 being used. Most of the movies in the early 80s focused on Uzis.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It was based on the SAS storming of the Iranian embassy in London.
And that op (Prince's Gate) was what really popularized the MP5. Up until then, it had been a relatively obscure squirt gun.

Phil Singleton, former Training Director for HK here in the states, was on that op. He had his issues, but he knew that gun.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Final Option is a great movie. You really only need to watch the last 30 minutes for the good stuff.
I love this movie. Many years ago I had a VHS copy of the movie, loaned it to a friend and never got it back. I wans't aware it was available on DVD or Blueray for the North American Region (DVD code thingy)? but have to agree, really the last 30 min's are the movie, to me at least...

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Yeah, rest of the movie was tough to watch, too slow..

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
resurrecting this post in light of the new movie 6 Days coming out.

I wish I still had a copy of this movie..... I had an old VHS copy years ago, I loaned it out and it never made it home....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great movie. It's available for streaming free on Amazon to Prime members. I always thought that Lewis Collins would have made a great James Bond.

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Great movie. It's available for streaming free on Amazon to Prime members. I always thought that Lewis Collins would have made a great James Bond.
Good to know

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
Have not seen this--- may have to check it out!!! :biggrin:

Tony
fair warning, it is not a faced paced movie until the end....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts