HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
I was speaking with Todd today & it appears he is packing up & closing the doors on BMP. Expected closure is years end. Anyone that is looking for parts or is on the fence, I would get what yo need now before they shut down. No more flats, receivers......nothing. All done! Fortunately this will not be effecting my line (builds). Appears Todd will be concentrating on overseas orders & my builds only. We have some very exciting new items coming your way.
Dj

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm sure the MKE guns and century made 93 receivers have cut into his market.
But I think I've heard that he was getting out of the business before...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Which Todd are you referring to?

Is he one of the Todd's from any of the following companies?

TACTICAL WEAPONS TRAINING ACADEMY INC

COHARIE ARMS, INC.

COHARIE ORDNANCE FACTORY INC.

OMEGA ARMS, INC.

SPECIAL WEAPONS, INC., A CLOSE CORPORATION

ACME PARTS INC.

BCH MANUFACTURING, LLC

TOP NOTCH ACCESORIES, LLC

TOP NOTCH ACCESSORIES, INC

BOBCAT WEAPONS INC.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up, I hope this question has not already been asked.

Chet

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Uh oh. Bad news Bailey is closing up shop?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
So what does this mean to a guy who is waiting for a BMPs 93 receiver? They are shown as out of stock.. and the end of the year is pretty fast approaching

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
It means you are SOL on those my friend. You ain't alone..........
Great. I just spent another $350 on parts for it. Are there any real alternatives?

At least the big buy today was a Fleming AR grip type lower that I can use on my PTR

·
Registered
364 Posts
BMP has MP5K barreled uppers in the raw in stock.................

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ummmm.... I was just put on the waiting list for a trigger pack from these folks....

Will I be waiting on something that never comes?

I sure hope not.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Dont worry, Todd Bailey is a very ethical guy. Heck, I hear he is a pastor too!

I mean c'mon, there is no way a guy like that would screw over a bunch of customers. Oh wait, thats the Twilight Zone scenario and this is the real world. So you are all screwed. Sorry.

(just get in line with the rest of us that have been scammed/screwed/hoodwinked, meetings are at 9 PM every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Look for the "Scammed by Toad" anonymous group, free coffee and doughnuts... soon convening at you're local community center)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was able to get a 93 receiver earlier this year from Nikki for my Baby Dragon build. I'm glad I have it! I trust Nikki a lot, she has always been great to deal with. For those on lists, that doesn't mean the parts may never come in, but she has always been top notch to deal with and quick to both ship and respond. From a business perspective, you can't help but see how BMP would be bad for DJF as a $660 barreled receiver is a great deal when BMP has them in stock and you can build it out on the cheap. It's much better for DJF's business to have BMP out of business. Maybe Todd will have another fire sale before the end of the year like he did last year for "Thanksgiving".

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,807 Posts
Sounds like the rug merchant syndrome. We've had a few that have been going out of business in the Houston area. For more than 40 years.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts