HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if The Grey Room can be toured? It's been a dream of mine for some time! Probably not alone. & is it in Sterling or Ashburn? Heard it was Ashburn. Thanks!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Closed to the public. Armorer school attendees and invited guests only. It is in Ashburn at the HK-Defense offices.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I was with Marine0303 posted above...they filmed me walking in, if I had the video I would post the reaction on my face, LOL!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I could tell you stories of guns getting knocked off the wall and the GMG slamming into battery crating an awkward silence, but what happens in the Grey Room stays in the Grey Room ;)

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I could tell you stories of guns getting knocked off the wall and the GMG slamming into battery crating an awkward silence, but what happens in the Grey Room stays in the Grey Room ;)
Personally, I think all that was just an attempt to see what HK parts might become "dislodged" and unknowingly end up some place not noticed by anyone...you know, complete accident and all.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I've seen pictures that aren't supposed to exist... I really liked the clear versions of the guns. The looked like the airsoft guns at walmart.... The clear G36 is awesome!

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
I've seen pictures that aren't supposed to exist... I really liked the clear versions of the guns. The looked like the airsoft guns at walmart.... The clear G36 is awesome!
I really like all the prototype weapons and the fact that you can play with everything. If only there was a range next door.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you are LE or MIL, you can usually arrange a visit by contacting the Federal Operations/Sales folks...used to be Jim Schatz, back when I used to go up every year. Not sure who it would be now.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
I know the book isn't as good as the real thing... but it is probably as close as I will ever get.
That's like trying to compare a postcard to a trip to Europe.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,376 Posts
I want to see either. I dont care if one has more than the other.
There is only one. The Ashburn room was opened some time after the move from the Sterling location. Some of the items from the Sterling location are not present, apparently due to the inability to locate the documentation allowing them to be transferred.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is only one. The Ashburn room was opened some time after the move from the Sterling location. Some of the items from the Sterling location are not present, apparently due to the inability to locate the documentation allowing them to be transferred.
Neat trivia info there. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts