HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of hate and all for this pistol. A lot of people don't like the VP9. With my VP9, I know it won't have accuracy issues like my M&P9 did. I know it will most likely be built right.

The question I had is why is there so much hate on this pistol? I think we have seen them being thrown 50 yards into a metal target and discredited over the paddle mag lever breaking. Why do the YouTube gun pimp shills hate it, haha? Is it because HK won't give them freebies? Or is it that the reviewer admits that they cannot adapt to a simple paddle lever that takes 2 minutes to adapt to? I know my VP9 isn't going to end up like the R51 or Caracal.

Do you think the VP9 is HK quality? Or is it just a pistol HK put out to be in the striker fired game again? Or is it true that all HK VP9 weapons have to psd all the de NATO tests and all? All except the VP9?

I've heard it said that the VP9 isn't to the specs of the USP series or any of their other line. Are they like Magpul nowadays, and make something for play, and then a different product for show time? I don't think so. I love mine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have seen a lot of hate and all for this pistol. A lot of people don't like the VP9. With my VP9, I know it won't have accuracy issues like my M&P9 did. I know it will most likely be built right.

The question I had is why is there so much hate on this pistol? I think we have seen them being thrown 50 yards into a metal target and discredited over the paddle mag lever breaking. Why do the YouTube gun pimp shills hate it, haha? Is it because HK won't give them freebies? Or is it that the reviewer admits that they cannot adapt to a simple paddle lever that takes 2 minutes to adapt to? I know my VP9 isn't going to end up like the R51 or Caracal.

Do you think the VP9 is HK quality? Or is it just a pistol HK put out to be in the striker fired game again? Or is it true that all HK VP9 weapons have to psd all the de NATO tests and all? All except the VP9?

I've heard it said that the VP9 isn't to the specs of the USP series or any of their other line. Are they like Magpul nowadays, and make something for play, and then a different product for show time? I don't think so. I love mine.
I don't know where you're finding "a lot of hate and all for this pistol." Is it any more than for any other gun? Lots of people hate Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps. Everyone has their favorites.

By and large, the VP9 has been extremely well received among people who know what they're talking about. Larry Vickers and Mas Ayoob both have spoken highly of it.

As for quality, there has been a lot of debate about whether the VP9 was built to the same standards as USP. And a lot of people speculated that it was made to a poorer standard because of its price point compared to HK's other pistols. Well, when the P30SK came out and was priced in the same range as the VP9, it became clear: HK was just making more profits off of their guns (and thus a lower volume) by pricing their products higher. They seem to have changed that pricing strategy with the VP9 and subsequent releases...

The MAC "torture" test has been debated to death. (Sure, I wish the VP9 performed better... but who cares.) People on all sides can see what they want. There are other videos showing VP9s doing just fine.

So, bottom line is that you can wallow in internet trolling, etc. and random comments. Every gun guy thinks he's an expert dispensing wisdom to everyone else. It's stupid.

I love my VP9s, and cant wait for the VP9SK, VP9OR, and VP9L to come out. They are terrific right out of the box. Go shoot yours and worry less about the idiocracy on the interwebs... :1200000:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
the only bs is the idiots who do their so called "testing", smashing twinkies, sausage gravy, fine Georgia red/sand/dirt, mud, dunking them in a bucket of pudding, shoving wood chips down the barrel, throwing them 40 feet in the air, whipping them at steel plates, hitting them with 2x4's, and expect them to work every time, and nothing to break, because we all know in combat, or a HD situation, we will most likely trip and drop our piece in a bucket of our kids pudding, or karo syrup and sprinkles. lets get in reality. ignore these dopes, and buy what you like.

Shoot it, practice with it, learn it. don't believe all the bs from these internet attention seekers.
any firearm, thrown in a vat of whatever the F***, is not gonna work reliably.

enjoy your new purchase, its a good one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the only bs is the idiots who do their so called "testing", smashing twinkies, sausage gravy, fine Georgia red/sand/dirt, mud, dunking them in a bucket of pudding, shoving wood chips down the barrel, throwing them 40 feet in the air, whipping them at steel plates, hitting them with 2x4's, and expect them to work every time, and nothing to break, because we all know in combat, or a HD situation, we will most likely trip and drop our piece in a bucket of our kids pudding, or karo syrup and sprinkles. lets get in reality. ignore these dopes, and buy what you like.

Shoot it, practice with it, learn it. don't believe all the bs from these internet attention seekers.
any firearm, thrown in a vat of whatever the F***, is not gonna work reliably.

enjoy your new purchase, its a good one.
Why thank you I will, I'm just trying to be part of the group...

·
Registered
21 Posts

I just bought the VP9 I love it

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've shot the VP9 a lot and find it to be a quality pistol. Unfortunately we live in a world where there's always gonna be some hater.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've seen some resentment here because it's affordable by HK standards and has brought in the crowd more associated with Glocks and XDs.
I think the VP9 is a good gun, a very well made one. However, I do feel like it's a tiny step below the rest of the HK's I've felt. The slide/barrel/frame fit is definitely the loosest of all my HKs, the backstrap gives in a little bit if you grip it hard, the charging supports are a little loose. That doesn't mean it's a loosely fitted gun... It's just not as tight.

Price point snobbery isn't it either, because my P30SK is probably one of the nicest fit HKs I own, tighter than the more expensive HKs, and it's in at the same price point as the VP9.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have heard only positive comments, but these have come from VP9 owners / users. Also, at various gun stores, the comments by the people working there have spoken favorably about it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought one in 2015 and hated the fact that it turned my trigger finger to mush. I sold it to my brother after firing it for the first time because of that.

With that being said, I tried my step-brother's about 3 weeks ago and it didn't hurt that time. If it wasn't for the trigger hurting me I would still have mine. It's a very nice pistol and an excellent price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even more love here. I own 3 .
Love my black VP9 and my VP9 in FDE. It's in some people's nature to tear things (and other people) down rather than build up. I'm not blindly loyal to any brand. I buy what I like and what works well for me. My VP9s fill that requirement very well.

In the last several years all my auto-loaders have been striker fired. Because I like my VP9s so well I'm now looking to buy a P30s and a P2000SK, neither of which I would have considered if the VP hadn't lured me to the H&K brand. The only previous H&K I had ever bought was a full size USP in .45 ACP as a graduation present for my son.

OP, just ignore the internet jerks and concentrate on the positive comments of other VP lovers. That's what I do and it works quite well.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
VP9 as well as VP9 Tactical here and enjoy them BOTH! Unfortunately they shoot a little better when not in my hands but working on that component.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Remember that alot more people will complain or post negative reviews than positive ones. It's that way all throughout the internet, and even on forums, too. I see a few complaints here but mostly a lot of praise for the weapon. I have had mine for about a year now and never regret getting it. It is my EDC, I practice with it at an indoor range about once a week, and it easily has had 2,000-3000 rounds through it. Still love it and am quick and deadly accurate with it. Congratulations on your purchase!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts