HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw there was a thread about this flick, but i recently watched it and figured i'd share some of the caps.

and who could forget THE gun.... 1400 RPM... haha

extra credit goes to the first to ID the gun used for the cannon.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Interesting observation:
The first two photos show a semi auto shelf.
The close up in the fourth picture shows a push pin.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting observation:
The first two photos show a semi auto shelf.
The close up in the fourth picture shows a push pin.
In movies, there are always two (and sometimes more) "hero" guns, to represent weapons used by major characters. Perhaps they couldn't find another push-pin H&K gun in time for the shoot, so they just put the same accessories on an HK91 or SR9 without a pushpin receiver.

·
Registered
198 Posts
KPV heavy machine gun

so what do I win???
You win the gun itself! :)

Anyway, I remember on another forum I visited, there was some discussion about this, and they concluded it wasn't an actual Russian-made Vladimirov KPV. They decided it was more likely the Chinese copy (which, confusingly, is called the Type 56, just like their AK-47/AKM copy) or something - I'm sorry to say I can't remember exactly what detail they saw which led them to that conclusion.

But...you are still close enough.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts

Anyway, I remember on another forum I visited, there was some discussion about this, and they concluded it wasn't an actual Russian-made Vladimirov KPV. They decided it was more likely the Chinese copy (which, confusingly, is called the Type 56, just like their AK-47/AKM copy) or something - I'm sorry to say I can't remember exactly what detail they saw which led them to that conclusion.

SWEET!!! I will have my FFL fax you his info!

·
Super Moderator
2,831 Posts
1st 2 pics looks like a PSG1 but its not, it still has the front sight, but it does have the forward assist and PSG1 scope mount. PSG1 trigger and stock and some other stuff stuck on it

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
it looks like a PSG-1 MSG90 mix ????? the scope tabs are 100% PSG-1
but that front sight ???

to me it looks like they added a bunch of whacky stuff to a PSG-1 to make it look more tacticool for the movie

awesome movie, i wish buying a 25mm cannon was as easy as going to an IRC chatroom :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
The "Polish" machine gun is called a "14.5mm", but the spec sheet says "7.62X51". :)

·
Registered
96 Posts

The Chinese made SKS was also called the Type 56

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
You're screen caps are great, Advocate! But the movie is one of the worst ones I've ever seen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You're screen caps are great, Advocate! But the movie is one of the worst ones I've ever seen.
haha
yeah... there are some funny scenes (jack black cracked me up)

..but i agree, overall it's pretty bad.

i promise i'll find a better movie asap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts