HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just wanted to hear people's opinions on the Lusa.

http://www.lusausa.com/

(FYI: I kinda doubt you all would find this important. But I just wanted to mention that I bought an air-soft look-a-like MP7 PDW. I figure it'd be worth mentioning because it's the next best thing to having a real one. lol.)

:80:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol. I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

I still like it though. Another thing, if I may mention, it kinda reminds me of a 'criminal' gun. But it all comes back down to what you just said.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If the Lusa works it could be a good H&K sear host sense it uses a 9x lower.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have sen one in person, and all I can say I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me. It looks as if a shop class of retards put the thing together. It makes the MAC series look like high quality work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ha, i just asked about his thing on the AKnet. some owners complained about mag getting stuck in magwell after firing.

was wondering if a solid mp5 stock could replace the collapsable one, to improve the look? ( the website says their folder is the same as HK factory stock ).

was also wondering if UZI mags could be ba$tardiz#d to work in it. anyone own one to try it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have had one experience with a Lusa. A guy next to me at the range had one. He got exactly 1 round down the pipe before the gun malf'd and he couldn't get another round to fire. The rangemaster came over and looked at it and ended up taking it to the gunsmith. General consensus was the quality was very poor and it was just such a poorly built gun that it simply doesn't work if anything is remotely out of spec. This is all overhead so I'm not sure if it was just a fluke with his particular gun, but it seemed that this wasn't the only one they had seen problems with.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Regardless of quality issues (which can be worked out), the design seems flawed when compared with that of the HK. They scrapped the roller locked delayed blowback and replaced it with a less expensive regular blowback (can you say "Vulcan"?). They then increased the bolt to 17 oz. to slow it down (essentially delay it till the bullet leaves the barrel), so it has significant more inertia. The sights and stock work different than a HK.

I think I'd buy a Vulcan before I'd get one of these. And I'm not getting a Vulcan.

G

·
lusa

I bought a lusa subgun and love it. Fired 1000 RDS and not any problems. Was trying to find an hk mp5 or clone. No luck so I tryed the lusa, I'm very happy with it. Trying to get accessories isn't fun tho not many companies sell them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts