HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
No way! I was literally talking to a friend about MP5 drum mags last night and told him I hope one day Magpul makes one! My D60 has been solid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I see they're 'coming soon' on the web site. Don't suppose any hkpro folks got to beta test one?

Being a drum guy if this puppy runs I'm in!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That is so rad. It is a shame that a drum mag dump would be like effectively burning money at this point in time. Still, I'll cop one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've been watching these F5 drums for some time. Seems the jury is still out on reliability and (at least) earlier variations had issues that I'm not willing to work through. If F5 has things sorted out I would look at them in the future.
They messed up by making them to a mke and not starting with an HK first.....

Nothing a dremel wouldnt fix

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I’ll get one, but just one to have. I have the magpul CZ Scorpion drum, and I expect this one will pretty much the same, with a different feed tower. The drums are bulky, heavy, and kind of a pain to load since you have to swing that loading lever over against spring pressure for every round. At least from a price point it will make more sense than the CZ and AR drums since the price of HK mags is so high.

Hopefully they will be out before the ban.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
The drums are bulky, heavy, and kind of a pain to load since you have to swing that loading lever over against spring pressure for every round.
Would a mag loader help with the drum?

If this is reliable it's going to be sold out soon. $65 for a 30 round HK mag versus $50 for 50 round drum.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Meh.

30 round curved Magpul MP5 PMAGS please.

People have been begging for these for how long?

The roller lock market more than qualifies for the investment at this point.

·
Priest of the P7
4,877 Posts
Hope they didn’t waste too much on R&D for these. They might be illegal to manufacture before they even hit stores.

Reactions: omega21

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Would a mag loader help with the drum?

If this is reliable it's going to be sold out soon. $65 for a 30 round HK mag versus $50 for 50 round drum.
I very much doubt a loader will work. There is a lot more spring pressure to overcome, plus you aren’t pushing straight down against a spring. You are pushing down and than around.

Where are you getting it’s only $50? It’s $120.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts