HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Why would someone want a bulky 50rd drum when you could just run a mag coupler and end up with 60 rounds? Never been a drum guy. I never saw the appeal. I wish Magpul made reliable polymer 30rd mags instead.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why would someone want a bulky 50rd drum when you could just run a mag coupler and end up with 60 rounds? Never been a drum guy. I never saw the appeal. I wish Magpul made reliable polymer 30rd mags instead.
I would get one to try out. I completely agree about Magpul 30rnders though, especially if they were priced in line with their other mags.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
HK4 (4 cal), HK45T, P7PSP, P7M13, P30SKS, MARK23, SBRs: SP5, SP5K, Z5-RS, USC/UMP
380 Posts
Cool! Finally a crew served MP5!!! :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
I own a .223 drum of theirs. It’s a pita to load. Not fast or comfortable to load. I’d rather have a 40-50 round stick mag. With a mag clamp to double it

I’ll probably buy one when the $100 price gouge goes away. I recently sold my 72 round Suomi c&s drum for biiiig bucks. What’s nice about them is the ease of loading.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,786 Posts
Are you the only person in the world with issues with PMAG reliability?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Are you the only person in the world with issues with PMAG reliability?
Maybe you read into my comment a bit too much. My 30rd AR-15 magazines have all been reliable. I just meant if they would ever bother with a MP5 magazine, I would expect it to be as reliable as their AR magazines have been.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I very much doubt a loader will work. There is a lot more spring pressure to overcome, plus you aren’t pushing straight down against a spring. You are pushing down and than around.

Where are you getting it’s only $50? It’s $120.

My bad, a post above mentioned "$50 per drum dump... " I thought that was the price for the mag and not the ammo.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
A German MP5 mag clamp runs between $90-$120 used.

Reactions: Disregarded9-side

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Two more scheduled product releases today, and another two more tomorrow. Let's hope there are some stick mags incoming.

·
Registered
90 Posts
^ This is a better drum style. Not sure why more don't copy it.
simple, it's very time consuming and it's a bit of a PITA to modify. you're taking a double stack MP5 mag, cutting it down and and installing a spacer in it making it a single stack feed tower, then you have to precisely position it over the SUOMI drum opening, with no room for error and attach it to the drum, not to mention you have to adjust the spring tension so it feeds the rounds up the feed tower reliable.

and even if you think you got it right, you really don't know if you succeeded, you have to fully load it and shoot it. the first time I took mine out to check it after finish making it, it jammed.......I have to tweak the spacer ever so, so that it feed reliably and consistently

in other words, unlike a plastic mold injecting drum and it's components where you can " spit them out" 100s at a time and each one will be exactly the same as the next and each drum from the first to the last will work .....each of those modified SUOMI drums are "handmade" and have to be checked for feeding issues and tweaked, that's why those C&S WERKS drum are like 450-500 bucks!!

if you're interested, 5 months ago I started a thread about the drum I made complete with video

Made my own MP5 71 round drum...... | HKPRO Forums

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,526 Posts
Two surprises at once:
1. Magpull drum for the MP5
2. HKpro has an Instagram page....

Double whoa!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am definitely interested in this drum. I have a Beta-C 100 round drum, but one can never own too many drums......especially in this climate!!

·
1,786 Posts
Maybe you read into my comment a bit too much. My 30rd AR-15 magazines have all been reliable. I just meant if they would ever bother with a MP5 magazine, I would expect it to be as reliable as their AR magazines have been.
I see that now! You meant 30 round stick MP5 mags from Magpul. Sorry. My bad!

·
1,786 Posts
Two surprises at once:
1. Magpull drum for the MP5
2. HKpro has an Instagram page....

Double whoa!
@Oicani, I am a little let down. Why you ask? Read what's written in red below my post. :)

21 - 40 of 41 Posts